PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A My `57 TR3 Small Mouth is Sold!

toysrrus
03-31-2012, 02:14 AM
Yes; You read that correctly.

The itch to drive "Now" just got the best of me.

I did purchase a `73TR6 (VIN # CF628U). Obviously a very early one & She`s a pretty nice driver.

My TR3 went to a local gent who was following my restoration. The "Bad News" here is; I`ll be seeing it & will probably get sick. The "Good News" here is; I`ll occassionally get to drive her.

Sienna Brown Ext / Tan Int. I used to own a `72TR6 with the same color combo so; It`ll be fun to have a similar one back.

Delv. is scheduled somewhere early May.

Can`t wait.

Russ

mrv8q
03-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Sienna Brown Ext / Tan Int. I used to own a `72TR6 with the same color combo.

Ooh, British Racing Brown, as I call it.... Enjoy your new ride!

Tr3aguy
03-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Russ,
Doesn't that mean you have to change your avatar....Hey glad it worked out for you....I really learned a few thing watching your progress with the 3 ....

DNK
03-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Sienna Brown Ext / Tan Int. I used to own a `72TR6 with the same color combo.

Ooh, British Racing Brown, as I call it.... Enjoy your new ride!

A lot nicer than my wife and kids call it

toysrrus
03-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Hi JP,

Yes; I`ll change my Avatar just as soon as I can figure out how to shrink the pic again.

Thanx, Russ

drooartz
04-01-2012, 08:42 AM
I know you went back and forth on this one, Russ. Now it's done, so you can focus on driving again. Enjoy!

mallard
04-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Russ you will love driving the TR6. I'm not sure how it compares to a TR3 since I only drove one for about five miles. Been driving my 6 for over 35 years now.

My TR3 is being painted right now and hope to have it on the road by Triumphest and the VTR combo event in 2013.

Good luck with the 6

toysrrus
04-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Hi There Folks,

"Thanx" for the enthusiasm in me getting the TR6.

"JP": Here it is. This pic was taken somewhere around March in NY State by Andrew Mace who checked her out for me (Thanx Andrew) & "Thanx" to Basil for shrinking my avatar.

"Mallard": I had a `72TR6 a few yrs back so I know the "FUN" I`ll be having driving this one. Relatively speaking; The "TR6" is by far a more a "Civlized" machine vs. the "TR3". But, The "TR3" is by far more a "Nostalgic" ride. The "TR3" in my opinion is simply the epitome of British Car Lines (Except for an E-Type).

Looking forward to May which is just around the corner.

Thanx Again Folks,

Russ

Tr3aguy
04-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Russ....
It is beautiful, I know that was a tough decision....but now you can get out and DRIVE!
Keep in touch.

Banjo
04-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Sounds great Russ. I think I need to follow suit.

toysrrus
04-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Russ....
It is beautiful, I know that was a tough decision....but now you can get out and DRIVE!
Keep in touch.

Thanx JP,

I don`t know about "Beautiful" but She does have nice "Patina".

Happy Easter to All,

Russ