PDA

View Full Version : Electric cooling fan

midnight
03-23-2012, 02:15 PM
I installed a Hayden electric fan (MOSS) during the restoration of my 59 TR-3A - After I installed and got to the point of running the engin, I found it to be a pusher, not a puller - the instructions said to flop the the fan blad and switch the wire connectors - Afte two days of work getting the fan out, modified, per insrtuctions , it still is a pusher, not a puller - I believe it may have something to do with the positive ground - any ideas?

Kelvin
03-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Hi Miles.

There are two processes required to convert the fan from a pusher to a puller as documented in the instruction sheet.

Mechanically, the fan blade needs to be turned around so the blades angles give efficient flow.

Electrically, the polarity needs to be reversed so the motor turns in the opposite direction.

Because your car is positive ground and the enclosed instructions assume negative ground you had the motor wired correctly when you first had it installed.

Changing the blade orientation "and" the polarity got you back into a conflict.

Change the polarity back to where you originally had it and the fan should work correctly as a puller.

Kelvin.

TR3driver
03-23-2012, 03:55 PM
:iagree: