PDA

View Full Version : Wedge TR7 Clutch Problems

strace
02-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Can someone help me out with my clutch problems. The longer this problem continues the more ammo my wife has against my favorite past-time (working on my 7).

The saga begins some 4 weeks ago. Could not shift into Reverse or First, second was ok if I held my mouth right.

While replacing the slave cylinder, the connecting rod from the slave cylinder to the throw bearing fell off. So removal on the tranmission was required.

As a precaution I replaced the throwout bearing, the clutch had been replaced just prior to my aquiring the car. After I reinstalled the tranmission and the new slave cylinder, bled the air out of the system. I could not get into any gear with the engine running, starts fine in neutral, will not start in gear with clutch in.

Appears that the clutch has no affect. As the saga continues I rebuilt the master cylinder and rebled the air. No change in the shifting.

I recently moved the car by towing it behind my wifes suburban (she loved that) and the car jump from second but would not from first. The shifting and the running was ruff.

Any thoughts? Should I replace the clutch next?

Johnboy
02-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Strace, First question i have is what fell off? Are you talking about the Slave Pushrod? Sounds like you may need to start from scratch, i know it's a pain but that's what i would do.I'd check and make sure the Master Cylinder is actually working properly;forcing the slave pushrod to full extension,easy stuff first,if thats good I'd go ahead and stick in the 3 piece clutch kit. Not a lot of money and you might as well, as you are pulling the Tranny. Check everything carefully including Clutch Fork, Fulcrum, pin. etc. Make sure to get everything lined up properly. I've found a lot of times, it's some mess i created myself. Then again, that's just me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

strace
02-23-2005, 01:24 PM
I have removed the slave cylinder and can move the slave cylinder pushrod. Everything from that stand point seems to be fine, moves freely in and out. I can feel when it comes into contact with the clutch face also.

When the throwout bearing arm and the slave cylinder push rod fell I almost cussed, my little boy (8) was there so I bit my tongue and said "Crap, I just screwed it up", he looks under the car and says..."Well, Daddy just unscrew it".

Needless to say that made me feel a bit better and I got a good laugh.

I'm still working to 'unscrew' it.