PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Battery Felt & Battery Rubber TR3A post 60000

Tinkerman
03-08-2012, 05:08 PM
So I went out and bought a battery for the car today and I'm bout ready to stick it in there and see if the engine will crank over wothout making strange noises. I was looking through my listing of spare parts and I found a listing for battery felt and battery rubber. The rubber was where it was supposed to be but I don't have any felt.
My questions, what kind of felt? Does it go under the battery or under the rubber pcs? I didn't see anything in Moss catalog but there is a listing for both items in the Stanparts catalog.
Any help, as allways, greatly appreciated!

Tinkwerman

NutmegCT
03-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Hi Dick.

I'm betting a new battery will encourage the car to make *more* noises, rather than less!

I don't know what listing of spare parts you're referring to. But I'd guess that the rubber and felt are pads to go under the battery, on the surface of the box. Rubber on the bottom; felt above that.

Just my two shekels.
Tom

Gordon_Dedrick
03-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Rubber strips sit on the bottom of the battery space and I seem to remember round felt "donuts" that slipped over the battery terminals and under the battery cables to reduce the dreaded white corrosion. Any one remember these from JC Whitney days?
Gordon

NutmegCT
03-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Gordon - that's why I was hoping we'd get more info about the "spare parts list".

Here are typical battery terminal felts, still available at most auto parts stores.

https://macsautoparts.com/images/189/C1AZ-10A717-B_pJPG.JPG

Tom

Tinkerman
03-09-2012, 08:49 AM
In order to keep up with all of the parts that I bought over the years (on sale, ebay, etc)I develobed a computer inventory list. I used the stanparts number and kept them in original packaginf or plastic storage bags in plastic storage tubs. 14 of them as a matter of fact. It works fairly well except when the dummy operating the system doesn't put things in the right places, or takes something out and dosn't put it back.
When I get back from the gym, I will post a picture of the storage system.
The database I built for the system has 570 entries. When it works it is a great help.
Tinkerman

TR3driver
03-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Gordon - that's why I was hoping we'd get more info about the "spare parts list".

I'm guessing he is talking about the factory "Spare Parts Catalogue".

https://goo.gl/qPVao