PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR6 front wheels

Wike
03-07-2012, 08:07 PM
After pulling front wheels and replacing new bushings, coil spring gaskets, etc I installed new Konig 16x7" rims with 205/60-16 Falken tires. When I lowered the front end to the ground it appears that the passenger side rim/tire sticks out just slightly passed the fender , whereas the driver side rim/tire is inside the fender well slightly. What did I do wrong?

M_Pied_Lourd
03-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Possibly nothing. Many TR6's are like this both in the front and rear.

Is it also possible that your car may have been in an accident at some time or had some frame repairs?

Cheers,
M. Pied Lourd

DougF
03-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Is the entire wheel sticking out beyond or is it a camber issue?

sd80mac7204
03-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Your vertical links aren't bent at all? Has the car ever had a 4 wheel alignment?

TR4A_IRS
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Does one of the wheels have the wrong offset?

Geo Hahn
03-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Are you sure it wasn't like this before you began? I agree with Mr Foot's comment that some are just this way.

Wike
03-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Here we go...not sure if it was this way prior to the new increased tires/rims. Hard to tell I guess with the original 185/15's that were originally on the car.
Don't believe it was a rim offset issue only because while I was staring at the car I noticed that the new "directional tires" were not facing the correct direction...dah! so I swap tires from side to side and still have the same issue.
Camber...this could be part of the problem...I had also changed the tie-rods and adjusted the best I could to line it up. how do I approach the camber issue?
Thanks one and all for the info. I feel like I should pay someone tuition for all the schooling I have been receiving!!

tr6_easyrider
03-08-2012, 05:30 PM
When you replaced bushings did you remove the fulcrum pins and maybe replaced one the wrong way. The curve should face the motor. Have you rolled the car front or back a few feet, so the suspension goes back to normal?