PDA

View Full Version : GT6 GT6 / TR6 Rotor Options

Will_Ringrose
03-05-2012, 10:33 PM
I am looking to help the slightly under-powered breaks in my GT6. I was thinking about doing the Toyota Caliper conversion.

On top of that I wanted to do a vented rotor. I am just having a little bit of trouble finding a source of them.

Any thoughts or comments, or maybe a source?

Thanks a lot.

DougF
03-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Slotted and drilled rotors are for the most part overkill for street cars. Although they look good(even though you will be the only one who knows they are there), our type of driving doesn't heat the brakes up to the point where gasses build up between the pad and the rotor enough to affect braking. If you are a weekend racer, then it's a different story. The extra money spent could be better spent elsewhere.

The economical route would be to upgrade the pads. The green pads or equivalent brands provide better braking without any other changes. Though advertised as being clean, the green pads are far from it.

I'll let others sway you towards the favored caliper upgrades.

SpitBang
03-07-2012, 04:42 PM
I have not yet found an off-the-shelf vented rotor suitable for a GT6. Here in the UK people are re-drilling vented rotors with the right diameter and offset to the correct PCD.
As already mentioned, it could be worth trying a different brake pad first, I would try Mintex or Ferodo DS2500 first if you can get them.