PDA

View Full Version : Petrol tank mistake

trrdster2000
02-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Hi all,
Here is a little problem it took me a few tries to find and I hope it will help someone else from doing the same thing or even solve your present problem.
After several calls from a friend stuck on the road with no petrol getting to the carbs, I was sure he had trash or rust in the tank and lines. Well, blowing back on the line solved the problem both times and we finally decided to remove the tank, which he had paid to have cleaned and sealed. After removing the tank we found the culprit, silicone seal drops floating around in what gas was left in the tank. It seems the guy who put his tank together was a bit overzealous on his attemp to seal the sending unit as he used an old gasket so it dripped into the tank in little balls. POINT, just a thin membrane on the silicone, if it takes more than that you have a different problem. Wayne

trboost
02-20-2005, 12:12 PM
So goes the saying "to much of a good thing"
A common problem with most parts assemblers & the fear that something will leak. If a little is good , alot is better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif