PDA

View Full Version : Now this is just wrong.

MattP
07-28-2002, 06:31 AM
I don't want to sound like a snob or anything, sure a few performance mods are great but this is just nasty. graemlins/pukeface.gif

It is ebay item #1846570693.

I hope it isn't someone's, but, for the love of all that is pure and good, why would anyone do this?

Sorry. Just had to vent.

MattP

Charles #677556
07-29-2002, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MattP:
I don't want to sound like a snob or anything, sure a few performance mods are great but this is just nasty. graemlins/pukeface.gif

It is ebay item #1846570693.

I hope it isn't someone's, but, for the love of all that is pure and good, why would anyone do this?

Sorry. Just had to vent.

MattP<hr></blockquote>

Matt P;
Look at the bright side.. At least it's not an XK or an E-Type...

Steve
07-29-2002, 12:41 PM
I have seen one in the Milwaukee area with similar mods, and I agree. Wrong indeed. The thing that gets me is that there are people bidding on it! I guess nobody ever lost money by catering to the "tacky" market!!

Russell Mack
07-30-2002, 02:31 AM
Looks like the XJS grew a tumor

Councilman Mark
09-16-2002, 09:47 PM
What is just plain wrong? Curiosity killed the "cat" and mines is functionally disabled as of last Saturday, VDP Majestic 1990. Two dead cylinders, don't know what to do yet. Don't want to Chevy it but scared to move forward on the right motor. All help is sincerely appreciated. Other cars owned. 1967 Mustang GTA 390. 1966 Pontiac GTO, 340 Cuda with Paxton supercharger 4 spd, 1970 AMX 390 CI. 1977 Rolls Silver Wraith II. Want to stay married but would like a Mini Cooper and Healy MK II. Of course can never liquidate anything, its all good stuff.

MattP
09-25-2002, 05:50 AM
I've gotten a couple of e-mails over this, and to anyone I have offended or sounded like a snob to I am sorry. I don't give a rip about what you put under your hood, really I don't. I just thought that the blower sticking out the top and the fat drag racing tires in the back ruined the lines of a gorgeous car.

But if you are looking for reliability, and are going to put a Chevy v-8 in, I will recommend looking for a 289. I had one with more than 250000 miles on it (in a 67 Pickup, BTW) and I only got rid of it because of the commute I was doing at the time. I never had a moment's trouble or worry out of that truck.

MattP

thegoodbeamer
09-25-2002, 06:33 PM
Some people will buy anything. Sounds like he was up here in Canada where we have long winter nights to think things up. Almost as bad as my neighbor who came out one spring with a chgrysler 440 in a mini.One 4 barrelin front of the windshield and the other behind it.Lucky he was small as the rear tires and tubs took up alot of room.He sat in the rear seat to drive this thing.He also built Sasquatch that went against bigfoot1 and tied in the pulling contest.Speaking of winter I think the top goes up this weekend and it's put away time end of October. images/icons/cool.gif Smile while the sun is shining

MattP
09-26-2002, 04:09 AM
Ok I'll bite.

1. Was the mini still front wheel drive?

2. If so where did he find the transaxle to fit? One of those fwd Caddies, I guess?

3. Is he still among the living? That thing sounds like a fast way to answer life's final mystery.

MattP