PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

H. Vavrek
07-16-2002, 07:14 PM
This is just a note (Basil made me do it) to introduce myself...I am a new member of British Car Forum...I own (and occasionally drive when she is not with her boyfriend-my mechanic) an '86 XJS V12...I of course have proper back-up vehicles-the old GMC truck, a Pinto and a bicycle (in order of preference)...I believe I have a fatal (to my bank account) attraction to Jaguar V12's and plan to add some more to my stable as my budget will allow (I believe I may be on the second mortgage plan)...I plan to enroll in Jaguar Anonymous' 12-step program soon... images/icons/smile.gif

I currently am on the Albuquerque, NM Board of Directors for the British Automobile Owners' Association. We are always looking for new members to participate in our events so please feel free to contact me! Basil is our kind and creative Webmaster and has provided a link to our club's website here on British Car Forum!

[Happy now, Basil??]

Thanks!

graemlins/blush.gif

Basil
07-16-2002, 09:18 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by H. Vavrek:
&lt;snip&gt;
[Happy now, Basil??]

Thanks!

graemlins/blush.gif <hr></blockquote>

See, now that didn't hurt did it? graemlins/nonod.gif If you trade your V12 for a Straight 6, then you can get help through a 6-step program in half the time graemlins/troll.gif Anyway, now that you have made the big plunge and posted, I hope you enjoy the forum! Its kinda cool to be able to discuss your car with others of like mind from all around the world!

Basil graemlins/crazy.gif

[ 07-16-2002: Message edited by: Basil ]</p>

H. Vavrek
07-19-2002, 11:43 AM
You're right Basil, that was not very painful at all-almost as easy as changing my oil! And remember-sixes are half as much fun!!! Real women drive V12's!...or is that really dim-witted women drive V12's....?!??!! graemlins/yesnod.gif

Steve
07-19-2002, 01:17 PM
Welcome 'H'. images/icons/wink.gif I used to have the V-12 addiction, but put it on hold upon leaving the UK. Then I found that they are much more expensive here, so had to go cold turkey! I drive two inline fours, so one more car like that and I can say I have twelve cylinders again. graemlins/crazy.gif

Have you ever tried changing the spark plugs on one of those V-12s? Easy is not the word that comes to mind. E-types don't count here, as they have an unfair advantage!

H. Vavrek
07-22-2002, 04:26 PM
Good afternoon, Steve!
I like your idea of the three in-line fours equaling a 12 cylinder-it gives one more oppoortunities for contingency planning in case one is feeling a bit under the weather! images/icons/wink.gif

I have to tell you on those V12 plugs-WOW! When I first bought the car and opened the hood-my reaction was...if you can find the plugs, YOU change them! I actually started with a cadillac 500/472 addiction while in high school and learned to do plugs and a few other low-level surgeries on those engines. Not too difficult-just open the hood, step inside, and work! My V12 is a little different-fortunately I have a GREAT mechanic, AKA my car's boyfriend as my car spends much time with him and he is devoted to her, who has the $60 or $80 tool it takes to change the ones in the front-without removing the A/C compressor! Little by little, though, my mechanic has been kind enough to to walk me through some things with this car which has helped me out tremendously!

And, not knowing E-types very well, I have to ask-what is the unfair advantage? And by the way-thanks for the welcome-nice to meet you!
graemlins/savewave.gif

Steve
07-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Well with the E-type the whole front end opens up! Rather like cheating. I had a Spitfire did that, I used to sit on the front wheel while I adjusted the valves.