PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Aero 8

baldytheanimator
07-16-2002, 01:43 AM
Speaking of Morgans...here's a subject of controversy at local Jag club meetings...

the Aero 8 design...

images/icons/shocked.gif ?

or

graemlins/pukeface.gif ?

Charles #677556
07-16-2002, 02:07 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by baldytheanimator:
Speaking of Morgans...here's a subject of controversy at local Jag club meetings...

the Aero 8 design...<hr></blockquote>

Okay.. I'll bite.. What is the "Aero 8 design"?? I don't keep up with the "modern" stuff..
Given the "controversy" at your local Jag club meetings, I guess it has something to do with Jaguar??

tcherek
07-16-2002, 03:39 AM
Ah, yes, the Aero 8 design is a topic of much controversy even among die hard Morgan fans such as myself. However, an interesting phenomenon is that this car is very unphotogenic--very unusual for Morgans. By all accounts the car seen up close is actually sexy. I am due to see one "in person" next week--a Brit had his shipped here and so the Aero 8 will be seen by many Americans for the first time. Before you decide, take a look at sMOG This -The Aero Page (https://smogthis.net/indexaero.html) Then, if you still think it looks like Herbie's cross-eyed evil twin, so be it. --Tcherek

aeronca65t
07-16-2002, 08:59 AM
I'll jump in too: it's the lights (yes, they *do* make the car look "cross-eyed").

It would be interesting to take Adobe Photoshop and "graft" a set of Plus 8 lights onto the Aero....I bet it would make all the diffence in the world. The rest of the car is fine (still like the Plus 8 better, though).

Since this *is* a Jag forum...congrats on the E-type!........You have the *perfect* place to drive it; my only ride up the Pacific Coast Highway was in a rental car......and even that was neat.