PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 RUN

BOXoROCKS
02-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Took the TR3 out for a spin today, 40 degrees no top, left ear went numb. Not much to look at but man its the best running TR3 I have ever owned. Pulls to 5K every time and wants to go higher, but I am not sure, don't know whats in the engine.The engine revs so freely. Car had been sitting for umpteen years before I got it, engine was almost stuck. Straight pipe with one little glass pack and a trombone tailpipe. Harley guys do a double take, The burble then ripp is fantastic and never a misfire.Darn thing bangs out 90 mph like nothin. This little clunker is way too fun. I won't ever sell it

BOXoROCKS
02-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Forgot to add..you have heard of fright pigs,..well this thing is a flight pig

myspitfire
02-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Where do you live?

donbmw
02-12-2005, 11:57 PM
I just got back from running around in my TR3 after not being able for the last 2 weeks.

Don

myspitfire
02-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Do you live in Ohio?Stark county & are you the TR3(BLUE)I keep seeing? address; kenspitfire@hotmail.com

jayhawk
02-14-2005, 04:21 PM
I read this thread and the "restored faith" thread and grinned-- I've been doing the same spradically throughout the winter here In Kansas City. My car's in spots of primer and most of the chrome stuff removed but I still take it out for a run when weather and road conditions allow, love the open feeling and the response from the people around.

billspit
02-14-2005, 05:19 PM
I thought you had a TR6.

sammyb
02-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Outstanding! One of the great things about collector cars is that exterior looks mean nothing when you're behind the wheel.

One thought, though...when you say the thing goes up to 90, are you sure the speedo is correct. An easy way to check is simply double the tach in 4th gear (w/o OD on) (if you're showing 30 (3000 RPMS) you're doing 60.) My speedo gives extremely high readings -- generally about 73-75 at 60-65MPH. At 3000 RPMs, though, I'm right at 60 (as identified by the flow of minivan traffic on the 60mph zones here.)

Also, it might make ya look like a dork, but a skiing headband (or earmuffs) make all the difference. It's been REALLY cold here, but I still feel the need to take out the TR3 -- after multiple earaches, I decided to throw on the headband, and now I can hear again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BOXoROCKS
02-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Actually I don't know how accurate the speedo is, but I do know that on I69 I can pull out and pass anything on the road that is going at what ever cars a going at on a normal day. I get a cheap thrill watching them watch me go by. I must admit I get visions of the old signal thirty films while I white knuckle the beast at that speed. Its my version of bungee jumping.

jayhawk
02-15-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you had a TR6.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not yet! Had 56 cars so fat and that's not one of 'em yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

35thbdaytr6
02-15-2005, 05:57 PM
When I was on the way to work this morning in the TR6 I got a lot of double takes as I passed. I can flip on the OD and cruise at 8o no problem. Speed limit is 70 here, and for some reason most travel sub 55.