PDA

View Full Version : Book review The most famous ...

Paul
06-17-2002, 07:58 PM
Just finished: The Most Famous Car in the World, The story of the first E-Type Jaguar, by Philip Porter.

This was a very enjoyable read about the 9600HP, the car which was used in most early photos and driving reviews. Porter is the owner who found the car and restored it to original, not concours, specifications. He has created a driving museum. I have read a few other books about the e type and all the people involved but this book talks about a car and its journey from pure hype and glitz to being forgotten in a barn back to the place where the car was introduced to the world. The book is about $30.00 at Borders and makes a nice evening adventure. Paul. images/icons/smile.gif

piman
06-18-2002, 11:08 AM
Hello Paul,
Yes, I agree but I was very surprised at the title as when I first saw it advertised I had owned a book (for some years) entitled 'The most famous car in the world' written by Dave Worrall
which describes the James Bond Aston Martin DB5 saga. So I now have two books of the same title but completely different subjects.
Although I have a Jaguar, astons are my first love.
Alec graemlins/cheers.gif

Paul
06-18-2002, 05:39 PM
The title is presumptuous but the kid in me who saw the e-type when it first hit the road simply has to agree. There are certain cars that just have an aura and the Aston is one of them as well. Paul. P/S I wonder how the Dewey Decimal system handles the title. psg