PDA

View Full Version : Just flat wrong

MattP
02-06-2005, 03:01 AM
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...730338&rd=1 (https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6472&item=45257303 38&rd=1)

Just when did this seem like a good idea?

Basil
02-06-2005, 04:44 AM
Yikes!
(Are those Airborne wings below the front plate?)

Basil

MattP
02-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Sure looks like it.

Paul Johnson
02-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Too bad, but really, it would be easy enough to put back right. The R8 is a wonderfully fun car to drive, especially if one has gigantic Cibies on the front to make it go fast. Remember once pulling into a gas station in a friend's R8, and shutting the door on my finger. Didn't know it until, as the attendant was walking up, I suddenly was pulled off my feet, and said 'Hmm, I seem to have run out of arm." His eyes got like saucers as I opened the door to get loose, and then calmly walked away, out of sight of the astonished attendant, and began quietly screaming.

waltesefalcon
02-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Well certainly not my cup of tea. But to each his own, the guy actually seems proud of his butchering.

02-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Wow, what a shame. That looks like it would be a neat little car in stock or period modified trim.

Steve
02-06-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm not interested....it doesn't have furry dice! I agree, return it to stock and it should be fine, but what about the interior? Hope he kept the orginal seats. The ones that are in there look like they are out of a gin palace...oops, Cadillac...sorry!

usasma
02-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Yep, them's Master Wings on the front - I'm upset! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

02-07-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hope he kept the orginal seats. The ones that are in there look like they are out of a gin palace...oops, Cadillac...sorry!

[/ QUOTE ]
What's the matter Steve, don't like crushed velour? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I haven't seen seats like that since my grandfathers mid seventies Lincoln, and that car looked just like a pimp mobile!

vagt6
02-07-2005, 11:36 AM
The word "abomination" comes to mind on that one.

DART
02-07-2005, 12:42 PM
That rear wing thing just makes it fly. And I am especially impressed by the rear passenger leg room. You have to understand the mentality of people from APG, trying to get tanks to turn over at 40mph tends to rattle the grey matter.

lesingepsycho
02-07-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm torn over this car. Ditch the spoiler and I think it looks like a fun, unique car to drive around. I'm also not a fan of the interior. Nice racing buckets, good gauges, lose the audio/video crap and you would have a nice little head-turning racer! I'm torn over the wheels too. The deep dish, huge offset probably makes it corner like a demon but it definitely looks silly. Add some fender flares and I think it would be a pretty wicked ride. Like a Datsun 510 or old BMW. Also, did anybody catch the license plates? "NO MINI" hahaha

JACK

waltesefalcon
02-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Jack,

You can't loose the spoiler man, thats what will keep the car stable when you get over 200mph. Thand and fender flares would add drag, making it hard to get up to the top end of 300mph. I agree though, if it didn't have the spoiler, or the audio video, and had some flares, or even better just lost the wheels, it would be an nice little car.

Jack_Long
02-08-2005, 02:34 PM
They put Martha Stewart in jail for far lesser crimes...

Banjo
02-16-2005, 02:23 AM
I wanna see it in the gangsta' whitewalls they show in the one pic (are those spinner hubcaps). I think it needs wheelie bars and a 'chute.