PDA

View Full Version : New guy...

Chuck-B
06-17-2002, 11:58 AM
Hi,
I'm Chuck, I live in Santa Cruz and recently adopted a '94 XJ6. My past experience includes a Healy 100/6 (back in the mid 60's when I lived near Chicago) and a Sunbeam Alpine in Denver. Being a slow learner I've done it again.
At least the Jag doesn't have a Lucas ignition, at least mine is working OK.
Of course there are new adventures with rear suspensions and unaccustomed noises.
I look forward to seeing you at regional events and, perhaps, receiving advise and consolation on this forum.
Chuck

Jagdreamer
06-19-2002, 12:27 AM
Welcome to the best little forum this side of the Mississippi (or that side too). The XJ6 is a sweet car! Tell us about it! How long have you had it? Color?, etc. Inquiring minds want to know graemlins/jester.gif

JD

Chuck-B
06-19-2002, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the reply Jagdreamer.
My Jag is Oyster (It looks more like Champagne to me but I think that is too French for Jaguar) with Doeskin interior. I've had it since the first of March this year. I found it on the internet and went back to St. Louis to see it, buy it, and drove it home.
It is in very good shape and the only problem I am having is either finding and repairing some rear suspension noises or just getting used to them.
If you have any suggestions or advice let me know.
Other than that I will need to put some seals on the differential one of these days and then do the head to renew valve seals (and whatever else we find in there).
I have found a great mechanic at the Engine Room in Santa Cruz so feel confident I'm in good hands. You know you will be OK when the garage looks like a British Car Museum. The have everything from an Aston Martin (Lagonda i think) to a 120, a one owner MGA, a couple of Morgans, etc.
Chuck