PDA

View Full Version : A little steep for this kid

Basil
06-17-2002, 10:27 AM
I had always known about Vicarage Jaguars! They remanufacture Mark II's as new, but updated with newer Jag motors, power steering, 5-speed, etc. The other day I inquired as to what it might cost to purchase one. I got a very prompt reply back - they wanted in excess of $100,000!
Yikes! images/icons/shocked.gif Suddenly, $40k+ for a new S seems reasonable graemlins/crazy.gif

Basil

STYPERDRIVER
06-17-2002, 11:30 AM
I agree. There is a fellow near where I live who does the same thing.He has a 64 MKII with many updates. Air conditioning, an '86 motor, power steering, etc. By the time he gets it perfected, my '03 SType R, which has not arrived yet, will be an antique and my heirs will be enjoying my car.

Steve
06-17-2002, 10:39 PM
See, Basil? I told you it would be quoted in telephone numbers didn't I! graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Basil
06-17-2002, 11:16 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Steve:
See, Basil? I told you it would be quoted in telephone numbers didn't I! graemlins/devilgrin.gif <hr></blockquote>

At least it didn't include an area code
graemlins/crazy.gif

[ 06-17-2002: Message edited by: Basil ]</p>

Charles #677556
07-29-2002, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Steve:
See, Basil? I told you it would be quoted in telephone numbers didn't I! graemlins/devilgrin.gif <hr></blockquote>

The really sad part about restoring, etc. is once the car is finished, it's not worth what one has financially tied up in the puppy..
I've seen too many people spend $50K to restore a car only to see it valued for $25K..

Russell Mack
07-30-2002, 03:37 AM
To me it is not about money but the love of the work. I spent 3 summers restoring a 28 foot sail boat. When I was done thousands of dollars later I lost interest in it. Of course a sail boat isn't some thing you can park in your driveway and drive every day like a Jaguar. I keep a interest in the cars I own. I guess it's because I am a male and can't give birth that I give new life to dead objects.

Is it live or the Guinness talking
graemlins/thirsty.gif