PDA

View Full Version : Kinda scary

Basil
11-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Hackers unloack and start Subaru using Android Smart phone. (https://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2011/08/hackers-show-you-could-steal-a-subaru-with-your-smart-phone-black-hat-unlock-start/1)

TR6BILL
11-03-2011, 05:50 PM
That's cool and all but why hasn't someone figured out a way to hack Powerball and rig it to where they will win............

11-03-2011, 08:10 PM
It was just a matter of time.

There is a hack for the lottery but it was banned.

I forgot the exact amount, but when the lottery reached so many million, it paid off if you bought one ticket for each possible combination.

Banjo
11-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Sure. they can figure out how to do that, but tell em to start your old jalopy with a manual choke, that's rigged up with a toggle switch and push-button cause the ignition switch is bad, and they'll never get it.

Basil
11-04-2011, 03:57 AM
It was just a matter of time.

There is a hack for the lottery but it was banned.

I forgot the exact amount, but when the lottery reached so many million, it paid off if you bought one ticket for each possible combination.

Hmm, well you may have something there. For a five number state lotto with an extra 6th "power ball" there are 80,089,128 possible combinations. So if you spent a bit over $80 million you could win. If the powerball jackpot was 120 million, you would make 40 million, Unless of course another person had the winning combo, in which case you would only get 60 Million, or loose 20 million!

Mickey Richaud
11-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Hmm, well you may have something there. For a five number state lotto with an extra 6th "power ball" there are 80,089,128 possible combinations. So if you spent a bit over $80 million you could win. If the powerball jackpot was 120 million, you would make 40 million, Unless of course another person had the winning combo, in which case you would only get 60 Million, or loose 20 million!

That's why it's safe with me; all that cipherin' makes my head hurt! :crazyeyes:

Don't cloud my vision with details!!! :jester:

bgbassplyr
11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
With $80 mil to spend on the lottery, I wouldn't bother because I couldn't live long enough to spend the original 80.