PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye cruel world....

09-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Well, I had to pull the trigger. Things kept getting worse and worse no matter how hard I tried. I could say anything or he blew up. Last few days was missing pay and a chewing for mentioning it. Today was an explosion on how high the lift is supposed to go. When they first got it, boss #1 never used one. He stayed on the button till the hose blew. Since then, they put a mark where to stop it. ( three inches lower than where it tops out.)

He came in this morning and blew up about it; then let it down three inches. I let out a sigh and he exploded. I asked if we could talk but, "was busy and didn't have time."

He left. Most of my things were already home or loaded in the car before this happened. I finished my packing and went to the main office.

Turned in me goods. Got a text later about talking.

"I'm done" I said.

"Done?"

no soup for you....... <span style="font-size: 20pt"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-style: italic"> NEXT !!!!</span> </span> </span>

I've put up with a lot of crap about what I've done for all of my life at this place.

Sorry, gotta draw the line when the desk jockey tries to tell me how to do my job. I think I know how to opperate a piece of equipment that, not only only do I own one; but I have used for the past 27 years.

~what~ever~! :rolleyes:

09-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Oh, I almost forget. I got yelled at yesterday after telling him the wallowed out hole from the broken control arm bolt was a saftey concern.

TOC
09-20-2011, 05:45 PM
BTDT. I had a "boss" who was certifiable.....and his sisters ran the office....and his mom and dad were in the shop continually.....dad would pull up a chair, and silently watch one of my mechanics...next day, I'd get told to fire the mechanic, as his dad didn't like the way the guy worked....and he was a retired Safeway truck driver! When I quit, I had to get the Sheriff for a "civil standby" to get my tools, as the SOB claimed since they were in the shop, they belonged to him.
Sisters all divorced at least once, dad died, kid died (32 years old...some form of really fast AIDS, I heard), mom lost the place, now run by responsible adults, but most folks won't even turn around in the driveway anymore.

And that was only one of many, many.

drooartz
09-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Sorry to hear it, but you can only do so much. Comes a time when no work is better than the stress of the current situation.

Banjo
09-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Here's hoping things will get better for ya. There's someone out there looking for a good wrench. Someone with some common sense.
Been there, done that. thankfully never had to use the law to keep my tools.
Someday I'd like to be wealthy enough to open a hot-rod shop just for fun. I'd only work on my stuff, then sell it off to get another project.

09-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Nope; done with wrenching. I've been as far as that road goes. It sucks to see what's really at the end. Wasted my whole life on it. Oh well.

Wouldn't mind teaching it though. Feels good to be me again.

Head flea on a dead dog is still head flea.

Hehehe, I feel great!

Yep, good to be me again!

Need to find me a good job that I can actually do something; you know, make a difference.

Like w/ troubled kids or something.

I want 'em to say when they plant me, " He was a good sumbitch!"

Went to see Tercy today. He almost died last week. Funny how a 93 year old guy can ground you. A visit with him always reminds me what's important.....and it aint being fabulous. :wink:

Best people and places to be aint the ones that money can get you through the door. :thumbsup:

Better is a little with love....

09-21-2011, 09:22 AM
The day after: no remorse. It really is a shame he had to be so ugly. No need to return it. Too bad, dream job ended in a nightmare.

Banjo
09-21-2011, 05:23 PM
HOw's the old saying... "Careful what you wish for. You might just get it"
Sounds like you're on the right track (Sounds strikingly similar to my track) Here's to finding the new path.

AngliaGT
09-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Billy,

I hope that "another door" opens for you.

- Doug

09-21-2011, 10:24 PM
HOw's the old saying... "Careful what you wish for. You might just get it"

Funny thing is; that morning I prayed, "God, please get me out of here as soon as possible."

Thirty minutes later......