PDA

View Full Version : This afternoon's drive

JPSmit
09-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Well before the weather gets bad, it was time for a drive. Mark, Phil (wrong way corrigan) <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif and I met up for a run. This a route Phil's porsche friends created a few years ago - it was lovely! some pretty villages, some (relatively) windy roads, pretty scenery, nice lunch, great company. Here are some pics:

JPSmit
09-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Of course all good things must end and when we lost Mark (briefly) our first thought was, "we didn't find that gas station in time." Sadly, it was a little more complicated than that as he couldn't find a gear. We got him running and set off for home (Phil lives in the other direction) and we only made it a short way before we realized discretion truly is the better part of valour. Still, thank goodness for CAA and still a great day!

JPSmit
09-16-2011, 09:30 PM
BTW, his best guess is the slave cylinder.

abarth69
09-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Not sure what the heck is going on but I think the slave?? The master is full need to get it up in the air push the pedal and see whats going on at the slave.

New I should of taken the Abarth today.

Cheers
Mark

jlaird
09-16-2011, 10:33 PM
If slave cyl goes away you can not start out or get in a gear at rest.

however, you can start on a hill or with the starter and shift by matching gears with engine speed so you can drive home. Is not a big deal, taught my daughter to do it when she was 16.

nomad
09-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Agree Jack, only problem is stop signs!!!

Kurt.

AngliaGT
09-17-2011, 04:51 PM
So where all of the igloos &amp; Polar Bears?

- Doug

JPSmit
09-17-2011, 07:31 PM
And Mark does that also - he could also actually get it running shutting off, starting in gear with clutch depressed. sadly the trip home was Toronto rush hour on a Friday. lots of stop and go!

jlaird
09-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Best thing for stop and go traffic is an automatic tranny.