PDA

View Full Version : MG 2012 in Dillard, GA ......

George Zeck
09-13-2011, 04:09 PM
I just found out this was in GA near a few relatives, so I am going one way or the other. The issue I have is I have an AH Sprite (not an MG proper).

Does anyone know if there will be a "class" of cars non-MG (heck, MG & AH are relatives in my book) that I could have my AH Sprite in?

A 14 hour drive in a small car to not show it is kind of crazy.

Tx-

George (Cleveland, OH)

1964 AH Sprite MK II

1974MGMidget
09-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Yes, I am pretty sure there will be a class for all "other" British cars besides MGs. So, all are welcome. (And, yes, MG and AH are relatives in anyone's book, except NAMGBR's, so Sprites won't be judged with Midgets). Especially, if you have a Midget, try to make plans to come. NAMGBR is also the official registry for Midgets and 1100/1300s (although its not in the title and the official magazine is titled "MGB Driver"). At the meet in Reno this year, there were about 600 cars (this was one of the every 5 year all marque meets) and there were a grand total of 14 Midgets! So, lets have a good showing of Midgets! We've started our planning and hope to have a great event. Start checking either NAMGBR's website, or www.peachtreemg.com (https://www.peachtreemg.com) for more information as it becomes available. Hope to see alot of you there!

Jack

regularman
09-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Its not that far from me. I might be able to make it depending on when it is. Who knows, maybe I will have my other one on the road by then. One midget and one midget with a sprite nose on it. Not sure if that would be the kind of thing to bring to a show like that.

1974MGMidget
09-13-2011, 08:04 PM
I just found out that there will be two other classes: Other British and
Other MGs. The date is June 6-10, 2012. Jack

taskadog
09-14-2011, 12:50 PM
George,
Many British car shows place Spirtes with Midgets, some also include Bug Eyes in the same class.
I'm not sure how MG2012 will work, but I'm fairly certain they will welcome you, as long as you don't try to sneak in a Triumph.
Maybe I'll see you there
Phil

George Zeck
09-14-2011, 04:31 PM
A Triumpm ..... Heaven's no!

Just Joking.

George

regularman
09-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Aren't we such misfits. If the rubber bumpers are allowed, then there will be a bit of Triumph sneaking in :wink: