PDA

View Full Version : Whats for Dinner

SilentUnicorn
09-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Steak and Onions at the Lake...

m

aeronca65t
09-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Good! Looks like things are getting back to semi-normal for you.

We're just doing spaghetti & meatballs, which we usually do on either Sat or Sun each week.

Mickey Richaud
09-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Grilled pork loin, fresh corn, fresh field peas with ham. Washed down with chablis.

Gettin' ready to watch LSU/Oregon!

GEAUX TIGERS!

judow
09-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Chicken Cacciatore over linquini with a salad. Just mom-in-law and me but was in the mood to do some cooking. Tomorrow is Arroz Con Poillo (sp?)(Cuban chicken/rice). Wanted to make a few home cooked meals for freezing and gifting to a friend that will be coming home from the hospital. A couple days ago I made meatballs and sauce. Husband can microwave and I think he can cook pasta.

My friend is very independent and she's in for a lengthy recovery so I think I'll make at least one dish a week, maybe two. Also suggested to her husband that he hire a cleaning service till she is comfortably back on her feet. He thinks it's a great idea. He's one of the 'good guys.'

JPSmit
09-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Chili Chicken, fresh green beans and cous cous salad - mmmmm

Banjo
09-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Went to 5-guys burgers for lunch... that covered dinner too. that's a lot of food.

waltesefalcon
09-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Indian Taco

DrEntropy
09-04-2011, 05:22 AM
Grilled some chops, baked a spud, steamed some veggies. CAB fer dessert. :cheers:

Nunyas
09-04-2011, 12:21 PM
grilled some massive ribeyes, corn on the cob, baked taters, and attempted garlic bread on the grill...

everything except the garlic bread came out good. too much flame broiling for the bread to survive well... :laugh:

DrEntropy
09-05-2011, 01:13 PM
OOooF! Last eve went to friends' house. Grilled lobster, steak, sausage, sautee'd 'shrooms, baked spuds, peach cobbler, baked sweet potatoes... wine and CAB a-plenty.

Darts: Boys against gurls. Boys LOST both games. Pool splashin' and hot tub chillin'. Most pleasant day we've had in MONTHS. Even the dart games.

09-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Son lemmetellya.

I dun went and got me the smokey joe, Weber's smallerst grill. Kelly and I don't need none bigger. Dun been grillin' all weekend long. Last thing was ribs and plenty of Abita Harvest Wit ( Satsuma) w/ half a lemon a piece.

I done gud on tha ribs. Dawg done died and gonda hevin' on da bones. Tried pickin' all four up at th' same time. Great day! Overcast and rainy but it aint hot no more. S'posed to be in the low 50's tumarra. Can't wait!

Rib eyes fer dinner. Our race season will be on from this weekend till the end of the year. Gotta get good time at home while I can.

Gunna go beat on the Midget now. MOght have to sell the 6. Can't feed both.

DNK
09-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Doc ,was that lobster or maybe it was just Crawdads! (https://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/12/nyregion/sold-as-lobster-salad-but-a-key-ingredient-was-missing.html)

TR6BILL
09-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Doc ,was that lobster or maybe it was just Crawdads! (https://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/12/nyregion/sold-as-lobster-salad-but-a-key-ingredient-was-missing.html)

Rats, wait till the local Cajuns find out about this, that crawfish is really little lobster, and watch the darn price go up!!!

To finish this story, I brought a crawfish stew over to east Texas this weekend (used 6 lbs of Louisiana crawfish tails) and wowed them. Some kind of good. Not one crawfish tail left in the pot, they were sopping up the red gravy with their bread.

Mickey Richaud
09-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Tonight: Fried okra, home-made macaroni and cheese, and fresh yellow squash and onions. Washed it all down with chianti.