PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on E-Type interior kit

JohnW
05-13-2002, 09:37 PM
Hi all….. I’m plugging away on restoring my 67 series 1 ½ FHC. I’ve seen a few “complete interior/upholstery kits from Moss, etc. Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with any particular manufacturer/vendor? Also, any feedback on “hepolite” brand pistons?

Cheers

Basil
05-13-2002, 09:44 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JohnW:
Hi all….. I’m plugging away on restoring my 67 series 1 ½ FHC. I’ve seen a few “complete interior/upholstery kits from Moss, etc. Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with any particular manufacturer/vendor? Also, any feedback on “hepolite” brand pistons?

Cheers<hr></blockquote>

Are you shooting for concours? I was pretty happy with the GW Bartlett interior I bought a few years back, which is th eonly one I have personal experience with. I doubt it would pass for Concours, but it was decent and had real Connoly hides. All the grain patterns were very close to original too. Also, Classic Jaguar sells a couple of different grades I think.

Basil

JohnW
05-15-2002, 01:16 AM
Thanks Basil,

Did the installation of the Bartlett kit go smoothly? I want good quality, but I’m not a “concours” kinda guy….I’m shooting for a presentable “driver”. Don’t want to lie awake nights fretting about a mosquito defecating on my car….lol.

Basil
05-15-2002, 01:25 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JohnW:
Thanks Basil,

Did the installation of the Bartlett kit go smoothly? I want good quality, but I’m not a “concours” kinda guy….I’m shooting for a presentable “driver”. Don’t want to lie awake nights fretting about a mosquito defecating on my car….lol.<hr></blockquote>

I did it all myself, even the seats and, yes it was fairly straight forward. At the time, I went with GBW because they had the best price. I had sent for some samples first and was satisfied the materials were quality (at least by my standards images/icons/grin.gif ). All the panels came already covered so that most of the installation was just a matter of taking out the old and popping in the new. The seats were not that bad to do either. I also installed new cushions and the rubber diaphram that is under the seat.

davidtinker
05-15-2002, 05:44 PM
I also used the Bartlett Kit some 12 yrs ago and it still looks good. I fitted it myself and there were no problems with the fit .

If I was to do it all again I would also fit new seat diaphrams and rubber rings in the backs. New foams were fitted but not enough alone for comfort.

In fact I am now trying to find a solution as to why the seats are now not so comfortable as they used to be -or is it my old back playing up!!.This evening I put more layers of foam underneath the seat cushion and there is an improvement.