PDA

View Full Version : Hit the road again today

jlaird
08-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Miss Agatha had been setting in the garage for seven weeks. Not touch by anything.

This morning I went out and pulled the choak half way. Turned on the ign. pulled the starter and she went. One crank, almost could not get my hand off the pull cable quick enough.

Now that folks is real gas, right from the marania to Miss Agatha. What a joy she is now acting as a BE should.

Nelson
08-15-2011, 03:45 PM
That's great, Jack. You have her well trained. Did you take her out for some fresh air and exercise?

taskadog
08-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Jack,
I hope it was a little cooler up there in Niceville. I'm at school in Orlando now and its been HOT

We missed you in Wisconsin and I'm glad your doing well

Phil

SilentUnicorn
08-15-2011, 06:50 PM
That is great! ...but mine does that no matter what i gas i use.

m

RickB
08-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Remember that some areas have differing humidity and conditions and fuel formulations and that ethanol pulls moisture out of the air and holds it in the gas among other bad things. (like dissolved materials from your fuel system)

DrEntropy
08-15-2011, 09:23 PM
The B does the same thing: Hit th' button and she lights.

Glad ya get the op to go flail about, Jack! :thumbsup:

Here in Tampa the temp/humidity have been brutal for well over a month. Poor Diesela has lost her ability to pump cool air to the cabin so I now need to refit her with all the bits for 134a and flush/vacuum/fill her if I want SWMBO to be civil for he next few weeks. :shocked:

"Save me, Landru!" :jester:

08-16-2011, 04:29 PM
70 here this morning and low humidity. I almost took the day off to drive. It got up to 75 in a few minutes and it wouldn't have been worth it.