PDA

View Full Version : Tips on IRS Re-Assembly??

the-jag-guy
05-04-2002, 03:20 AM
So I have to swap differentials on my 89 XJS, whcih is something I've never done before. There seem to be a huge amount of little pieces required to be removed and replaced to swap diffs, so i was wondering if anyone has any tips from previous experience. I already know I'll ned the safety wire pliers, etc.,., and my rear calipers lok like they were rebuilt recently. But is there anything else?? Any help would be appreciated. Please E-mail me back at andrew_jag@yahoo.com

Basil
05-04-2002, 12:30 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by the-jag-guy:
So I have to swap differentials on my 89 XJS, whcih is something I've never done before. There seem to be a huge amount of little pieces required to be removed and replaced to swap diffs, so i was wondering if anyone has any tips from previous experience. I already know I'll ned the safety wire pliers, etc.,., and my rear calipers lok like they were rebuilt recently. But is there anything else?? Any help would be appreciated. Please E-mail me back at andrew_jag@yahoo.com<hr></blockquote>

And also post your response here for other's to benefit! images/icons/grin.gif Welcome to the forum Jag_Guy! Great to have another Jag nut here! Just FYI, when you post a new topic here, you'll notice a check box that will allow you to be notified by email when someone posts a reply to your message.

Cheers,
Basil