PDA

View Full Version : TR4/4A tr4 alternator wiring

hughv
08-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I have been following the wiring instructions from the article from Dan Masters on the VTR site i installed a geo tracker alternator 55 amps it has a 3 wire plug on the back and the main power terminal where the brown and yellow wire goes along with the sense wire. At the voltage regulator end i connected the small brown yellow brown green wires together, then the large brown yellow brown white and brown blue together, my problem is the ignition light stays on when the engine is running and the amp meter only shows a discharge there is voltage at the maim power terminal at the alternator. The small green brown at the alternator end connects to the the IG terminal i still have an extra wire from the alternator plug not to sure where to connect it to could this be my problem? Thanks Hughv

TR4nut
08-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Isn't the Geo Tracker alternator alternator a Nippon Denso style version? If so this website (https://westfield-world.com/daihatsu_alternator.html) might help. I had the 2 connector + power version and its working fine as they suggest wiring.

ps. welcome to the forum, hope you stay around.

hughv
08-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the info, on the version A you used where did you connect the switched live terminal to? i assume the ignition light would be the green brown wire from the old generator. My mechanical skills far outway my electrical skills. Thanks Hugh

TR4nut
08-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Sorry for the delay- at this point I've only hooked up the Nippondenso to my TR3A which is still just a rolling frame - so I just ran the switched live terminal directly from the switch itself and I'm not dealing with the complication of tieing anything to the control box. I haven't sorted the cleanest way to do it yet on the finished car.

hughv
08-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the info i shopped around yesterday on the internet and found different veriations of wiring. For some reason i an having a mental block on this wiring project it's quite simple really i need to clear my head. Hugh