PDA

View Full Version : Antique Jag or Rolls in Newport, RI

tony barnhill
01-15-2005, 02:24 AM
On Aug 30, my daughter is getting married in Newport...I'm looking for an antique Jaguar, Bentley, or Rolls to carry her & new husband from Trinity Church to White Horse Tavern for reception....anybody got any contacts?

Basil
01-15-2005, 02:47 AM
Hmm, I thought I just posted an anser but it seems to have disappeared, so here goes again:

First, congratulations on your daughter's big event! I will ask some of my Jag contacts and see if anyone knows of anybody in that area. No promoses of course, but I will ask.
(Nice to see you back!)

Basil

Mickey Richaud
01-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Tony -

Yes, good to see you back, and congratulations to you and Jerri! You've probably already asked, but the priest or wedding coordinator there may be able to help.

Mickey

01-17-2005, 12:53 AM
Tony, why not try finding a Magnette up there. They look somewhat similar to the untrained eye and it is an MG!

James

tony barnhill
01-19-2005, 12:39 AM
A Magnette would also work!

Wedding coordinator wants to use either horse/buggy or limo...Shannon (that's my girl!) wants to go antique British!

aeronca65t
01-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Here at two places (Newport is a great place for a wedding):

https://www.newportlimo.net/

https://www.chrislimo.com/

tony barnhill
01-20-2005, 12:16 AM
aeronica....THANKS!! The first one https://www.newportlimo.net actually rents John Wayne's personal '59 Rolls royce for weddings!

Sent info to daughter....how 'bout that, "I took my bride to our wedding reception in the Duke's personal Rolls Royce!" There's definitely a "one-up-manship story" if ever there was one!

tony barnhill
01-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Talked w/Shannon & gave her the websites.....she wants an old Jaguar or MG ("Dad, don't you have a friend up there who'll loan you his MG?")

aeronca65t
01-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Yeah I understand....I'd probably prefer an MG too!
And I guess I could say I feel your pain. My older daughter is getting married in '05 as well. We have a nice place in Princeton (near the University) reserved, but we haven't talked about cars yet. When one of my brothers got married they rented a Model A Ford for the wedding and that was pretty cool.

MGA Steve
01-27-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Talked w/Shannon & gave her the websites.....she wants an old Jaguar or MG ("Dad, don't you have a friend up there who'll loan you his MG?")

[/ QUOTE ]
My second son drove my red MGA top-down from the church to their reception across town (Lakewood, not Denver). We followed them--tux, white wedding dress, and all--for 6 miles and you should have seen the cars slowing down for a better look and heard the horns. Not the Duke's RR, but still a unique and memorable sight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

UltimateQuestion
01-28-2005, 02:36 PM
In 1995 my lovely bride & I rode from our wedding to the reception in her cousin's 1928 Packard 8 Phateon. A very classy ride, I have a picture of us with the car on my desk.

usasma
02-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Tony,
I'll volunteer my B-GT if they'd like (but it doesn't sound like what they're looking for). I'm about 1 hours away from Newport. I don't know of any old classics around this neck of the woods. In the year and a half that I've lived here I've only seen a couple of older cars.

John

tony barnhill
02-05-2005, 02:59 AM
John....thanks for the offer but I don't think the dress & train would fit!

usasma
02-05-2005, 09:30 AM
No problem Tony! It didn't seem practical to me either, but I had to offer. I'll keep my eyes open locally, and if I find something interesting I'll give a holler!