PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Rebuilding TR6 Speedo

hondo402000
06-10-2011, 08:43 AM
I sent my speedometer out to one of the professional places to be rebuilt. Got it back and it looks good but I had a question? since I am going from a Non OD gear box to an A type OD gear box, is the speedometers different?
now when I sent the spedo out I told them that it was going in a 71 TR6 with an A type OD, is that enought for it to be right?

Hondo

TR3driver
06-10-2011, 08:55 AM
The original calibration should be fine, the A-type has the same drive as the non-OD.

Which is a good thing, since some rebuilders refuse to also change the calibration or charge extra for it (which is fair, because the odometer gears have to be replaced to properly change the calibration). If they were going to change it, the conversation would need to be more specific and include things like tire size.

tomshobby
06-10-2011, 09:33 AM
I had mine done this winter and used the method that Bob Danielson describes. It worked well and I am happy with the result. Also happy with the now electronic tach.

https://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/SpeedometerCalibration.htm

hondo402000
06-10-2011, 09:54 AM
I sent an email but I think in my letter that I sent to them they were told all of that

I shall await their email

Hondo

hondo402000
06-10-2011, 11:12 AM
well got a reply and he said it was cal to 1120 rev/mile and I would have to do a push test and if its off it would have to be recalibrated, but since the engine and tranny are not back from my engine rebuilder its kind of difficult to test right now

Hondo