PDA

View Full Version : Horrid Parts Car?

aeronca65t
01-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Do you have one? (or more)
Or perhaps one in the past?
Here's mine pictured below (a '67 Sprite I bought in '68). As you can see, it looks like the a turkey a week after Thanksgiving.
I used it to commute to college and afterwards as a racer: it has made a lot of laps around Bridgehampton.
Have to get rid of it one of these days (I normally hide it on its side, inside my garden shed).
I originally bought my 1500 Racing Spridget as a "parts car" to fix this thing up, but things ended up working the other way round.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/aeronca65t/Cars/sprite_prtscar.jpg

vagt6
01-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Of course we have one (or three)!

Mine is the rusty shell of a 1970 Ford Mustang, parts off which were used in a resto job we performed on my nicely restored '70 (not in the barn).

I guess I'm too lazy to dispose of it, there's not much that can be used and it's in a barn in Floyd Co., VA, down a 3/4 mile dirt road on the side of a mountain, 150+ miles from here.

The same barn also holds a nice '48 MG TD, RHD, and a pretty nice Norton 750 Commando bike, none of which belong to me. At least the Mustang shell is in good company.

Sorry, no pics, my wife might find out. And BTW, you are all sworn to secrecy not to tell her!

Bruce Bowker
01-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Can't say they are my parts cars but here is what the tropics can do to cars in a short time.

mightymg
01-12-2005, 01:22 PM
73 midget, white in color, looks almost just like yours except the whole front clip is Blasted, Got it for free though, a couple years ago.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

VitSport6
01-12-2005, 07:01 PM
I had one untill 2 months ago, I got my plaz cutter out and was able to fit the frame/body/engine/trans/diff. in the back of my Landcruiser! BTW it was a 61 Triumph Herlald coupe.
I was able to ebay a few items, But gave up on it, Only cost $200.00 with transport a year ago.
The wife is much happier to have it out of the driveway

Jim Weatherford
01-13-2005, 02:16 AM
I have a '73 Jensen Healey Parts Car parked on the apron next to the driveway, it's covered with a nice car cover. I'm planning to have a "break-down" weekend in the spring and remove and store the major parts... then who knows.

The one thing I know is if it's there in the fall, I'm a dead man! My wife want's it gone now, it's her or the car, I'll miss her. Just kidding Dear!

cheese
01-13-2005, 05:10 AM
currently have 2 FB Victors,a Hillman Hunter and a Nissan Gloria

Oh and a very patient GF

Xracer
01-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Aeronca......I hope you saved the wishbone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And, seriously guys, I'm glad I don't live in your neighborhood! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

78Z
01-13-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm looking forward to having a horrid parts car. Maybe with the next car then.

Americanshine
01-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Yuppers, got me 3 extree MGB's! One runs, guess the other 2 are parts cars although one is a 73. I have dreams of putting a V8 in that one cause that one won't have to be smogged here in this great state of California. I keep them all next door at our "rental" house so "She" won't have to look at them in their state of disrepair. Everybody needs a parts car, even if you don't have too.

SilentUnicorn
01-16-2005, 04:56 PM
PARTS CARS!! gee i thought all those were resto candidates

mark