PDA

View Full Version : Well, I did it again.

05-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Sold my '71 TR, bought a '76, will probably sell that one and buy the other '71 I just looked at.

Somebody stop me !!!!!

trrdster2000
05-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Face it, if you keep getting a better one, that's great.

Wayne

drooartz
05-27-2011, 10:00 PM
You're looking at a guy who solved his lack of space and money by buying another car, so don't look at us for any conservative advice. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Silverghost
05-27-2011, 10:53 PM
I may be wrong but isn't PART of the concept to keep ONE of them around long enough to DRIVE at least a little??? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif LoL

justin_mercier
05-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Hehe, I bought my TR7 just to have another 'sporty car' to drive around while my TR6 is under resto. I still havent decided what to do with the wedge, which i really do like, when the 6 is done. Because once the 6 is done, I would love to hunt down a TR2 or TR3 small mouth to restore, and I only have room for 2 cars... and the TR6 is going to be a 'forever car' =)

05-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Hehe, I bought my TR7 just to have another 'sporty car' to drive around while my TR6 is under resto.

That is actually part of the plan, but I'm spending resto money on TR6's. The one I just got will aways be just a driver unless someone gets real serious with it and that won't be me. It's not as solid as the last one, but more presentable. Going out to see about making it run. Should just need the usual fuel system attention.

I may be wrong but isn't PART of the concept to keep ONE of them around long enough to DRIVE at least a little??? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif LoL

LOL! Yeah, but money talks. Plus, the cars and I are moving up the food chain. This one will be a "Sunday car", something dependable someone will be able to buy that isn't looking for a show car. The other one I'd be tempted to keep longer, but I may not be able to get it. I think the plan is not to sell one unless I have another to replace it. The Midget is ready to roll at a moment's notice as usual.

Ya know, I still would like to know what it's like to drive one of these things!

tr8todd
05-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Buy a TR8 and break the cycle.

Mickey Richaud
05-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Buy a TR8 and break the cycle.

Or the bank... :jester:

Banjo
05-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Ya know, I still would like to know what it's like to drive one of these things!
Careful....once that TR6 is a runner, the Midget may be the next to go.
Just kiddin....

05-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Fuel system "done", loosing fire through a really squirrely looking wire. Should have it running in a little while. Brake switch leaking.