PDA

View Full Version : Start up checklist

tmc
05-19-2011, 10:27 PM
After nearly 8 years, I'm about ready to start up my TR3A restoration project. I'm taking it to a local Brit car restoration professional to oversee/guide the process, but for my edification, does anyone have a checklist of things to check before start-up? I know some of it is obvious, but I've put this thing together like a giant model airplane kit, learning as I go. I'm not a professional builder, mechanic or "panel beater". I believe I've been fairly meticulous about the rebuild and I know it's a far cry from what I started with. Those of you who've done a full restoration know the uncertainties I have! I'll give you an update when we get it running! I'm waiting on a battery now; then scheduling with the pro, but should be "soon".

tdskip
05-20-2011, 07:44 AM
So what has been done/rebuilt? IF she has just been sitting then fresh fluids and making sure you have oil pressure before starting her should be OK.

That is a nice moment - congratulations.

tmc
05-21-2011, 11:47 AM
So what has been done/rebuilt? IF she has just been sitting then fresh fluids and making sure you have oil pressure before starting her should be OK.

That is a nice moment - congratulations.

The engine was totally rebuilt. The block, the head and the crank are original, everything else is new. It was also balanced, polished and has the larger pistons, etc. I've turned it over by hand periodically over the last 6-7 years.
All the moving parts were coated with "rebuild lube" as it was assembled.

Can't wait to hear it run!