PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 Parts or?

Jerry
05-15-2011, 10:54 AM
I cleaned up a TR3 that was given to us two weeks ago. It needs some work. Found a dead cat skeleton in the passenger footwell. Lots of rat droppings. Surprisingly, not much rust. But the right front fender and rear spare tire panel need lots of work or replacement. Do replacement TR3 fenders fit, or is it better to beat the original back into shape?

Might also need some seats for the car. What is a good source?

Jerry
TR3a good shape
TR3a at present a junker
BN4
BJ8

Marvin Gruber
05-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Jerry
TR3 metal will reshape decent. However it is pretty easy to find good used parts. Wouldn't spend the money on a new repo one. Seats the same way. Watch evilbay or Craiglist.

Marv

bnw
05-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Why doesn't anybody give ME a TR3?

apbos
05-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Work the originals. If they are to far gone. I got a hood and bonnet from a Gwain in Brentwood. He has some fenders on SF Craigslist now.
Paul

JohnB
05-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Jerry,

I've got an extra spare tire door and a pair of seat bucket/frames from a TR3a you can have free
if you want them. They're rough and rusty but with cleaning and painting would be completely serviceable.
Let me know .

BRSLimited
05-16-2011, 01:50 AM
Why doesn't anybody give ME a TR3?

Why doesn't anyone ever have any free parts near me? Or parts at all for that matter.

tmc
05-16-2011, 07:48 PM
I cleaned up a TR3 that was given to us two weeks ago. It needs some work. Found a dead cat skeleton in the passenger footwell. Lots of rat droppings. Surprisingly, not much rust. But the right front fender and rear spare tire panel need lots of work or replacement. Do replacement TR3 fenders fit, or is it better to beat the original back into shape?

Might also need some seats for the car. What is a good source?

Jerry
TR3a good shape
TR3a at present a junker
BN4
BJ8

The guy who did the metal work on my TR3A restoration said to use originals on fenders, doors, bonnets front aprons and trunk lids whereever possible as "new" ones were expensive and "always" had to be shaped considerably anyway. But I bought floor pans on Ebay and a trunk pan from Moss.....they went in great. I bought several front fenders from individuals and he used the "best" ones. My seat pans were straight, but lotsa rust, so I sandblasted them, primed them and put several layers of paint on them. I bought seat cover kit from Moss on a summer sale. With new padding, etc. they turned out great. I thought about new seat springs, but I thought they were too expensive from Moss, VBC or TRF. Couldn't find any on EBay or even VTR sources.

BRSLimited
05-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Were they the floorpans from C2C Fabrication that you got or actual Heritage floors someone had on there?

toysrrus
05-17-2011, 03:25 AM
Howdy Folks,

Please check out the "TRIUMPH CLASSIFIED" Parts Wanted Ad I have there. I`m looking for several things & willing to pay shipping & cost of the item; If they are in OK shape. I`ve had "ZERO" responses. I really want the "Plastic Battery Tray" right now so I can complete my Engine Bay for my `57TR3 (It could use cosmetics). Please let me know what you have!!!!!!

Thanx, Russ

Jerry
05-17-2011, 06:26 AM
See some of you at the UBSCC Woodland show.
Jerry

mgedit
05-17-2011, 06:28 AM
If you need a plastic insert for the battery, have a look at your local marine dealers or car part retailers. I bought on for a few dollars discarded the top and cut down one side a little. Been using it in my TR6 for more than 10 years. This is an old picture. I was more careful with the installation later and got rid of the "bow" in the front. Should work in TR3 as well. Cheers, Mike

https://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/mgedit/Batterybox.jpg

bnw
05-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Howdy Folks,

Please check out the "TRIUMPH CLASSIFIED" Parts Wanted Ad I have there. I`m looking for several things & willing to pay shipping & cost of the item; If they are in OK shape. I`ve had "ZERO" responses. I really want the "Plastic Battery Tray" right now so I can complete my Engine Bay for my `57TR3 (It could use cosmetics). Please let me know what you have!!!!!!

Thanx, Russ

Hey Russ, I've got a brand new tray I'm not going to use.

tmc
05-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Were they the floorpans from C2C Fabrication that you got or actual Heritage floors someone had on there?

I'd have to look back in my receipts to be sure, but I think they were "left over" stock from a dealer/shop. I bought them 7-8 years ago as "new old stock". As I recall, the boxes they came in had Triumph logos on them....but I could be dreamin'.

vivdownunder
05-18-2011, 02:48 AM
Found a dead cat skeleton in the passenger footwell.

Jerry

Seems like cats at each end of the world like TR footwells.

Once I jumped into my 3A parked on the driveway with the tonneau on - driver's side tucked behind the seat. Started the car then whoosh - someone's big fluffy cat flew over my legs, jumped the low door and legged it off into the sunset.

Can't say what nearly happened - forum regulations. :nonono:

Viv.

toysrrus
05-18-2011, 04:40 AM
Howdy Folks,

Thanx, Russ

Hey Russ, I've got a brand new tray I'm not going to use.

Hi There bnw,

Please PM or Email me. Is the tray you have with the slot cut out for the ears on the battery box? Looking forward to hearing from Yourself.

Thanx Much, Russ
EmaiL to: toysrrus@att.net