PDA

View Full Version : Taxi Help

GICC
01-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Would anyone be able to help with finding the value of a 1949 Austin FX3 Taxi??? I can not find a resource anywhere to find this information. Any ideas???

Basil
01-08-2005, 12:17 AM
Sorry, I can't help, but I'm moving this to "Other British Cars" where I think you may get more response.

Cheers,
Basil

coldplugs
01-08-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone be able to help with finding the value of a 1949 Austin FX3 Taxi??? I can not find a resource anywhere to find this information. Any ideas???

[/ QUOTE ]

Try contacting Kip Motors - see www.kipmotor.com (https://www.kipmotor.com) for contact info. They sell parts for Taxis and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Steve
01-08-2005, 02:45 AM
It's tough to put a value on a vehicle like that. They don't even feature in British classic car price guides (I looked). It's almost a case of it being worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but most importantly what kind of shape is it in? Value is in the eye of the beholder, and if it's in beautiful shape it will be worth a reasonable amount. A pile of rust, no matter how rare or unusual, is still a pile of rust. I'll do some digging, see what I can find out.

Trevor Triumph
01-09-2005, 12:02 AM
The London Vintage Taxi Association might be able to help. <www.lvta.co.uk> There is an American section that also might be helpful. I am hesitant to put the e-mail address on this site so, if you like, send me a separate e-mail. T.T.

Harleydrider
01-10-2005, 03:52 PM
I just sold a FX3 for 5000.00 It was in fair shape needing a total restore except the motor, it was rebuilt. I just saw a Beardmore body shell go for 1900.00 with no fenders frame doors or drive train.