PDA

View Full Version : outside car covers question?

twas_brillig
05-07-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm going to have to park a couple of vehicles (AH 3000; BE) on our driveway. The problem is that it is overhung by a poplar tree that is infested with aphids, which excrete a sticky substance that will actually damage paint. Can't do anything about the aphids, so need to protect the cars.
Any suggestions for covering the cars such that there is no scratching from the cover? Covers that have given good protection?
Thanks,
Doug

dklawson
05-07-2011, 03:52 PM
I use covers by CoverCraft. They sell both direct and through distributors. Shop around to get the best price... some distributors are less than the factory price.

I have been very happy with their Weathershield fabric. It is expensive but it has excellent performance. It repels water, breaths fairly well, and certainly protects against bug and bird droppings, sap, etc.

The other school of thought is to get a much less expensive material from the "block-it" series of fabrics and replace it every couple of years.

More info is in the link below and on the Covercraft main web site.
https://www.covercraft.com/App%20Guides/Fabrics-Guide%2011-09.pdf

Pythias
05-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Be aware of the problem of storing the cover. It should be folded so that the "outside" never touches the "inside", not just rolled up.