PDA

View Full Version : The sun came out!

TR4A_IRS
05-02-2011, 01:22 PM
We actually saw the sun, twice, this past weekend!

I was able to get the TR4A out of the garage, dusted off, and on the road yesterday. I took each of my daughters on a ride before dinner, and we all had a blast.

It is now pouring rain outside. With any luck, it won't be another whole month until the sun shines again!

No point to this post - just wanted to share...

DNK
05-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Ian, did you enjoy spring?
Can't wait for summer to come. Just be about 3 days long in August

GilsTR
05-02-2011, 03:16 PM
We lived in Seattle for about a year in 1970.
You have just experienced ALL the Summer weather we had during that time. Beautiful country...but WOW did we miss the sun!
Hope the big ball of fire returns for you and you get the car back out soon. Gil NoCal

TR4A_IRS
05-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Don,

Our spring was wonderful, thanks. I think we might be in for four, not three, days of summer this year...

DNK
05-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Optomists,...Geez

tdskip
05-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Nice! I have this fun image of you guys running around in the car Ian.

DNK
05-02-2011, 10:40 PM
You had time for a drive? I had yard work, More siding to install, clothes washing, and dinner to prepare. Where did you find time!

John_Mc
05-02-2011, 11:07 PM
You need to read "All Summer In A Day" by Ray Bradbury. Short but good story. Like Seattle, but warmer.

Brosky
05-03-2011, 09:52 AM
I actually got both cars out for a 20 minute run for each at lunch time yesterday, just to blow out the raw gas from moving them around in and out of the garage. I was happy with that for now, but the weekend is looking pretty good, so I'll be out for a ride asap on Saturday.

Kayakindude
05-03-2011, 10:50 AM
I have been breaking in my rebuilt engine over the past month and looking for any excuse to drive it. Honey you forgot to get milk..no worries...I'll go grab some! The top has been down for over a week and I am determined to keep it that way. Had to go to a soccer game 70 miles away on Sunday. Was running late but ran the car close to eighty on the way out there with no issues.

The trick to driving in New England this time of year is to have a few hats. I keep three in the car. The baseball cap comes off and the watch cap goes on for highway driving until things warm up a bit more...though it can cause an awkward tan line :smile:

I have a brother who lives out in Seattle and he does say that a sunny day is a near celebration.

TR4A_IRS
05-03-2011, 12:02 PM
You had time for a drive? I had yard work, More siding to install, clothes washing, and dinner to prepare. Where did you find time!

Ya gotta make hay while the sun shines!

I did the driving after my chores and while the wife was making dinner!

TR4A_IRS
05-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Nice! I have this fun image of you guys running around in the car Ian.

My girls are 3 and 7. This was the first ride for the three year old (her older sister never got a ride till she was 6!) and she loved it. I was worried my seven year old would complain about the wind in her hair and about being cold - like she did last year. However, she surprised me and enjoyed the wind in her hair and didn't complain about being cold. There is hope for her, I think!