PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous day today

JPSmit
04-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Had to go to a meeting about 2 hours out of town - lots of top down cars - first nice day. Saw a lovely BMW 2002, saw a Rover P6 (3500) even had the spare tire on the boot. I've not seen it before at shows. No pics of either - then, coming home got passed by this - it was perfect! Looked bone stock and fabulous.

Oh and PS to the a**hat biker who passed me at 160kmph on the right through a three foot gap left between me and the semi I was passing after tailgating me for 1/2 a km. Fill out an organ donor card you moron! we'll be happy to cash it in. Geeze there were a lot of idiot bikers out today.

drooartz
05-01-2011, 06:28 PM
That's a nice one, JP.

As the weather warms up, lots of bikes coming out for the first time this year (mine's still away). Some riders are always stupid, but for all of us the first rides are the most dangerous as it's been a while since we've been out there.

Still, some folks are just dumb. They give the rest of us riders a bad name. :nonono:

3798j
05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
How Neat. Boy do I have the itch for a '50-'64 station wagon.

JPSmit
05-01-2011, 08:16 PM
That's a nice one, JP.

Still, some folks are just dumb. They give the rest of us riders a bad name. :nonono:

I know - I haven't had a bike in years but keep up my license. certainly these guys (all of whom were driving crotch rockets - no exception) will likely be removing themselves from the gene pool relatively soon, so, problem solved.

aeronca65t
05-02-2011, 04:54 AM
My folks had a '64 Belair wagon just like that. It was a six cylinder with Powerglide.
I remember when I was 18, hauling a TR3 engine back from Staten Island in it.
I borrowed it for other reasons too. That's all I'm going to say about that. :wink:

The antics of some of the crotch rocket crowd drive me crazy too. I've been an ~AMA~ (https://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/) member for over 35 years (I'm an earned, life member).
The AMA always refered to these types as the "one percenters" that gave the rest of us a bad name.
The one percenters used to ride Harleys. Now they're on sportbikes (and lawyers and accountants ride Harleys). :laugh:
I haven't registered or insured my Honda for a few years, but like JP, I keep my scooter license current.

DrEntropy
05-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Had to give up bikes when 'smits an' me got serious... all I have left is my AMA sticker in the lid of my toolbox. :frown:

She says: "One of Newton's Unwritten Laws is: <span style="font-style: italic">Entropy don't ride two wheels!</span>"

'sokay. I lived.