PDA

View Full Version : Solid state fuel pump question

vagt6
04-25-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm thinking about replacing my MKIII Midget's original AZX1307 SU fuel pump with the solid state one in the Moss catalog.

However, the Moss pump in the catalog photo does not seem to have the flange going around the pump where the fuel pump bracket holds the pump to the underside of the chassis on my MKIII '74 Midget.

Question: is this pump a direct, bolt-on substitute or will I have to fabricate a new bracket?

Thanks, all!

Sarastro
04-26-2011, 02:49 AM
I'm not familiar with that pump, but making a small bracket or otherwise remounting shouldn't be terribly difficult. If you're not going for the appearance of originality or something else special, there are loads of options for fuel pumps, virtually all of which are much less expensive than anything you'll get from Moss. There are a couple of threads right now discussing this.

vagt6
04-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks, Steve.

The electronic SU pump, Moss part #377-295/285, <span style="text-decoration: underline">WILL</span> require a different bracket on my '74 MKIII car. AND, it may not have the same fuel line attachment/hardware as the original SU pump. Haven't determined that yet . . .

I believe the original replacement SU pump for my car, a '74 MK III Midget, is Moss part 377-175. Does anyone know if this is correct?

The original, points-type pump in this case is at least 50% less expensive, I'm going with the original.

Unless someone has a better idea . . .