PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk spring pans for Disc brakes

tdskip
04-20-2011, 11:12 AM
I know this has been discussed but are the Moss aftermarket spring pans worse/better than the Heritage ones?

Are the aftermarket ones OK to use with a disc brake conversion for when that day comes?

kalist
04-20-2011, 11:34 AM
I installed a Moss aftermarket pan on mine and updated to disc brakes without a problem. I read somewhere that the width on the aftermarket were not exact to original equipment but I did not experience that issue.

Jim_Gruber
04-21-2011, 09:53 AM
After redoing Bugsy's front end this winter I can state that later RB Spridgets had much heavier duty, additional reinforcements built into the Spring Pans than on earlier BE's. Not sure when the design changed but I know they are about the same through 68-69. Sometime after that design changed. I was able to get a set from a late Spridget that were perfectly fine for rebuilding. I spent most of a day pulling a set off of a '69 that I intended to use as cores and have rebuilt only to find them totally shot and cracked. Later wishbones were also predrilled for sway bars.

I know Jack Laird has a set of Heritage wishbones on Miss Agatha.

porterthe
04-21-2011, 06:25 PM
I once compared a new aftermarket pan to a new Heritage pan and they looked identical. I would not be surprised if they came off the same line.

tdskip
04-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys