View Full Version : Gasket channel for coupe side window ?

02-19-2002, 11:51 PM
The gasket for the side windows fits into a "c" shaped channel that is riveted to the body opening. When the body shop painted my car, they took this off and then threw it away before I noticed it was missing. It is not made new anymore according to some parts sources. Anyone have a shell laying around? Or other ideas for a source?

02-20-2002, 12:59 AM
Is it any of these pieces? If not, where is it in relation to any of these?

66 fhc
02-21-2002, 02:24 AM
I think there are one or two jag wrecking yards in either Sacremento or the Bay area, mabey Campbell Ca. I can't remember what the names are but mabey one of the other forum members has used them. Sort of a shakey lead but it might help. graemlins/usa.gif

02-21-2002, 11:56 PM
It's the metal part on the body that rubber no 32 fits into.

02-22-2002, 12:41 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Terry:
It's the metal part on the body that rubber no 32 fits into.<hr></blockquote>

Ok, then is it part number 37 in this picture? If so, it is described as part number 16-2200, Seal Retainer Set, Series I&II Coupes (4 pcs).


This is in my XKs Unlimited catalog (can't swear its brand new, but I don't think its real old either). Their number is: 1-800-444-JAGS (5247) in case you wish to inquire.

Hope this helps,
Basil graemlins/cheers.gif

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: Basil ]</p>

02-22-2002, 11:50 PM
Yes, that's the part. Thanks for the information. Now I can try to write or call with a part number.

P.S. No improvement with modem after install and reinstall. images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/smile.gif