PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Slave Cylinder.

Winston
12-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Movin toward's winter /early spring projects.
The clutch slave cylinder is next to be replaced.
Spoke to Largest vender regarding the replacement part and we visited about 1" girling bore vs. 7/8". Obviously the 1" bore is not widely available the 7/8" is the suggested replacement part.
Our TR4A has a late CTC # so I'm relatively comfortable in relation to that part being the original bore.
Questions;
1.) how can I determine the bore on the current slave w/o removing first.
2.) The part being reccommended is a new part made in Great Britain. Has anyone ordered the part , and just how much of the entire mechanism is included.
Without identifying the vendor for fear of our other freinds feeling slighted I did not yet contact them the part # is 580-761.
Thanks for the help as always.

trrdster2000
12-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Winston, remove the rubber boot and get a compass, put it on a ruler at one inch and see if it will slide in at the widest part, if not you have a 7/8 inch, which I think is right for your year. Wayne

Geo Hahn
12-28-2004, 10:16 PM
FWIW - The Roadster Factory lists this as p/n GI64068867. Usually the 1st 2 characters of their part number indicates manufacturer (GI = Girling) so perhaps they have the correct bore. Theirs is pricier ($89.95) than the unnamed vendor you spoke with which may also be due to it being a Girling part.