PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

John Sides
01-26-2002, 08:25 PM
By way of introduction; my wife, Beth, and I purchased our first British car - a 1988 XJ-40 VDP in March, 2001. We bought the car on a whim, and have enjoyed every minute of it so far. I'm doing the maintenance and (so far) the repairs on it. I've been lurking on the Jag-Lovers site, and now this site, and learning a great deal. But mostly, I've learned I don't know much about forums; so forgive me in advance for any transgressions. graemlins/cheers.gif

Basil
01-27-2002, 12:00 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John Sides:
By way of introduction; my wife, Beth, and I purchased our first British car - a 1988 XJ-40 VDP in March, 2001. We bought the car on a whim, and have enjoyed every minute of it so far. I'm doing the maintenance and (so far) the repairs on it. I've been lurking on the Jag-Lovers site, and now this site, and learning a great deal. But mostly, I've learned I don't know much about forums; so forgive me in advance for any transgressions. graemlins/cheers.gif <hr></blockquote>

John, do I know you from the British Car Club in Albuquerque? Name sounds familiar. I only make about every other meeting. Anyway, welcome to the forum graemlins/savewave.gif and don't worry you can't break it! (famous last words, right?). If you have any questions at all just ask. If I'm not around I'm sure someone else will pitch in. Lots o friendly folks here.

Cheers,
Basil

John Sides
01-27-2002, 12:52 AM
Thanx, and yes, I'm a BAOA member. Looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting.

Basil
01-27-2002, 01:10 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John Sides:
Thanx, and yes, I'm a BAOA member. Looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting.<hr></blockquote>

I hope I can get my Spitfire running by then so at least I can drive something British to the meeting lol! I thought the name sounded familiar. I am terrible putting names to faces until I've met someone a could hundred times! graemlins/blush.gif

Basil