PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Patrick McLoad
01-23-2002, 05:43 PM
Hello gang, just thought I'd introduce myself and my car. I'm Patrick and I have a 1966 Series 1, 4.2, open two-seater, right-hand drive E-Type, #1E1.445. I've owned this car for about 30 years, and found it sitting in a field with grass grown up around it. I paid $800 for the car. After a stint in the US Navy, I started a TOTAL restoration of this car. Now, 20 years later, I've just about finished. I took it to 4 JCNA concours shows in 2001, and finished with an average of 99.97, which put my car in 3rd place National, and 1st place regional. (I don't mean to sound like I'm gloating or bragging, just letting you know the facts). For a very detailed story on the restoration of this car, you can check out my website at www.mcload.com (https://www.mcload.com) I still have some "issues" to resolve before the 2002 Texas concours crank up in the fall, but for the most part, I'm over the hump so to speak. I sent a photo to Basil; maybe he'll get it posted before long. I'm sure I'll have a few questions to post to you with series 1 cars, and if I can provide any answers to any of you, I will try my best.

Regards,
Patrick McLoad
Jaguar Club of Houston

66 fhc
01-24-2002, 12:09 AM
Hi Patrick
Way to go my friend. This is 66fhc otherwise known to you as Scott from San Diego. Patrick and I helped each other out a couple of years ago by doing some parts swapping and offering up moral support on our respective projects. Patrick is one very talanted guy . I'm glad you've found this forum. Welcome.

Basil
01-24-2002, 01:50 AM
graemlins/savewave.gif Hi Patrick! Welcome to the BCF! I am delighted to have another Jag guy, especially an EType guy on board (For obvious reasons, I'm partial to ETypes). We're finally starting to get a few E guys here and I couldn't be happier! I'm currently doing my own restoration and will no doubt benefit from yours and the others experience. By the way, I did get your picture and will be posting it when I do my regular weekend update. It is a beauty and you have every right to boast! You've done a fantastik job! Hope you enjoy the forum and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. A forum is a little differnt than a list, so don't be afraid to ask anyone here for assistance. We've got a pretty good bunch of folks so far.

Cheers! graemlins/cheers.gif
Basil

Geoffrey Munger
01-25-2002, 04:55 AM
Hi
Great to hear your story. When I was a young
boy about 15 I remember a new 66 roadster in
navy blue. This was the most beatiful car that
I can remember. My family was a dealer and I
cleaned that car before It when in the showroom.
A very rich and spoiled kid had his daddy buy
the car for him. In less that a year the kid
totaly destroyed the car. For years after we
had the bonnet from the car sitting in the back
lot. It was totaled from an accident. I would
look at it and almost cry. Its wonderful to hear
how people like yourself take the time to loving
preserve these fine cars.
Geoffrey Munger