PDA

View Full Version : Rover 25 TC

UltimateQuestion
12-17-2004, 02:19 PM
I had an unusual car sighting yesterday on my way to work. I was trying to figure out what a small hatchback ahead of me in traffic was. I caught sight of the lettering 25 TC on the back and then finally got close enough to see the Rover badge! It was a lefthand drive model with Virgina plates, probably belongs to someone at the nearby NATO HQ here in Norfolk.

Steve
12-18-2004, 12:38 AM
Well spotted. A left-hooker too, probably a euro-market car.

Sherlock
12-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Yeah...

That's not an umcommon situation. Whenever gov't staff get posted overseas they are allowed to bring their personal cars along if they want to. But if the vehicle doesn't conform to existing rules of importation (especially in North America - newer than 15 years in Canada, newer than 25 years in the States), they have to take the car back with them when the posting is finished.

A few years back there was a British Embassy official who brought a neat Vauxhall or Opel over to Canada with him for his posting. It was a 1996 model year (some interesting low-production coupe, sound familiar to anyone?), I only saw the picture of it.

He displayed it at a number of car shows. I've never lived near Ottawa, but haven't heard of the car since that time so not even sure if he's still in Canada with it.