PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Early Jaguar

Hal Kritzman
01-06-2002, 09:15 PM
Let's see if any of you can identify this most beautiful shape penned from one of Sir William's earlier visions. The answer can be shown by clicking on the image for its properties (URL).

HTTP://WWW.OLDETOWNECOIN.COM/JagForumPhotos/Unique1938SS100FHC.JPG graemlins/cheers.gif

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Hal Kritzman ]</p>

Jagdreamer
01-06-2002, 09:49 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hal Kritzman:
Let's see if any of you can identify this most beautiful shape penned from one of Sir William's earlier visions. The answer can be shown by clicking on the image for its properties

<hr></blockquote>

That's beautiful. I would have never guessed (I cheated and looked). You can see the XK120 lines in that bubble top and overall, there seems to be a lot of Bugatti influence.

Did they actually make this?

JD

Hal Kritzman
01-07-2002, 12:01 AM
It was "Unique". Being a pre-war design effort
I don't believe it needed to be resurrected after since the development of the more modern XK120 was then underway.

Hal Kritzman
01-07-2002, 09:45 PM
I did some further research and found that this beautiful pre-war design was built and still exists! It is apparently now in the Jaguar Heritage Trust Collection as the photo collage supplied by Jaguar indicates. It definately shows what design elements Sir William was focusing on when the XK120 Coupe began developement. There was definately some Bugatti influence in this early work.

HTTP://OLDETOWNECOIN.COM/JagForumPhotos/leaflet2_l.jpg
graemlins/cheers.gif