PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Stabilizer question.......

Stinky
12-10-2004, 11:13 AM
I recently parked my TR6 for the winter. I also parked my Lawn mowers, and other outdoor equipment. I put some "Stabil" in everything that has a gas motor.(I've never used "Stabil" before)

Well, a few weeks after I parked everythng for the winter, I decided to cut the grass one more time. I started the mower, and it ran like poop. The only way to get it to stay running was to leave the choke pulled out.

So now I'm concerned that I may have trouble with the TR6 whenever I get around to firing it up again.

Perhaps I should'nt have used the "Stabil"? Maybe I should have just topped off the tank with fresh gas?

Will the "Stabil" make the TR6 run like poop when I try to start it?

Thanks,
Tinky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

Mickey Richaud
12-10-2004, 12:32 PM
I've used Stabil several seasons with no problems. You do have to be sure it mixes with the gasoline, and then run the motor long enough for the mixture to reach the carbs.

Just put it in the TR3 and the MGB tanks, even though they'll get some running time this winter. Just good insurance.

Mickey

Geo Hahn
12-10-2004, 02:12 PM
In the days when I took long vacations I would park the TRs for a year at a time with Stabil in there. After a 12 month nap they would start right up. I would get fresh gas introduced right away but observed no running problems with the old stuff.

12-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Geo,
Would you expand on that statement about taking a yearlong vacation? I have trouble taking more than a week at a time, even then feel guilty.

Bill