PDA

View Full Version : Hard top questions

John_Mc
12-24-2010, 02:09 AM
I see a factory hard top for sale locally. Asking $700. Looks to be in good shape overall minus the headliner. Comes with new seals (not installed). I hope to have a look at it after Christmas. Anything I should pay particular attention to?

Brosky
12-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Make sure the two screen vents are in the bottom rear on each side. There are three (3) rods that fit across the top (from side to side) that hold the headliner up and you need them, as they are NLA. The rear glass is also NLA.

Any chrome and attaching brackets that you get are a bonus.

M_Pied_Lourd
12-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi John,

I think that Paul captured the things to look out for. The more you can get the better as costs can quickly add up buying mounting kits/trim/seals/headliner etc. I know guys that have around $3000 wrapped up in their fully restored hardtops alone so they can be an expensive proposition. Paul also has a nice hardtop stand posted on his website that you can build yourself to store it safely whTen it is not on the car.

One thing is for sure, the hardtop totally transforms the car and really stiffens the ride. Sure is nice on a cool fall day up here....nice and toasty with the heater on. Only thing is, you will start to hear things inside the car that you couldn't hear before....things like the gearbox, or the diff, or even the float in your gas tank :-)

A couple shots of mine in my last fall tour through Algonquin Park with my local LBC aficiandos.
https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh42/cheftush/Ending%20Photos/P1080292.jpg
https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh42/cheftush/Ending%20Photos/P1080289.jpg

Cheers,
M. Pied Lourd

TonyPanchot
12-24-2010, 11:05 AM
MPL,

Great wheels, I am waiting and waiting for VTO blacks and it has been a while now
can I ask what make and where you found yous?

Thx

DNK
12-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Yea, we need to give Hap a big swift kick in the rear to move a little faster on those.
Dav's ride does look sweet. M'sure the 3 will be just as nice

tdskip
12-24-2010, 08:29 PM
I see a factory hard top for sale locally. Asking $700. Looks to be in good shape overall minus the headliner. Comes with new seals (not installed). I hope to have a look at it after Christmas. Anything I should pay particular attention to?

If you can swing it go for it. It will change how you use the car (in a good way).

M_Pied_Lourd
12-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Hi Tony,

They are Konig Rewinds 16X7's with Graphite centers. Bought them off ebay from one of the vendors....don't recall right now, but I can look it up if required.

Cheers,
M. Pied Lourd

Tr3aguy
12-25-2010, 11:35 AM
OK now I have some information about these.....Who made them? Are there a lot of them out there......Kind of a unique look to them..

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5083/5290718004_cc91aa8314_b.jpg

TomMull
12-25-2010, 12:04 PM
These alloy side curtains do not seem all that rare. I've a set, albeit with slightly different mounts, that came with a parts lot that I bought a couple of years ago. I assume they were part of a hard top kit. Tom