PDA

View Full Version : Added a new car!

sammyb
12-08-2004, 04:28 PM
I bought a new car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif

Since they didn't offer a mini-TR3 at Toys R Us, I went for my other vice...I think Basil will appreciate it!

It even has working headlights, turn signals and a digital tuning FM radio! It goes 5mph, so it probably can keep up with the later Midgets.

https://www.apexstrategy.com/images/apinkc5.jpg

Bugeye58
12-08-2004, 05:21 PM
It can probably <u>pass</u> the later Midgets!
Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Juan
12-09-2004, 02:01 AM
I think daddy might have to give up a few of his toys when the kids grow up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My guess it the 02' and the 69'. Im sure your kids will have a ball with em. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

waltesefalcon
12-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Sammy,

Not only will it be able to keep up with the later midgets, it will get much better gas mileage. Thats cool, but I miss the old pressed tin pedal cars those were really cool.

sammyb
12-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Evidently, my uncle got a pedal car for my oldest cousin when he was a small child (he's is now in his mid-forties) and it was used and abused in the house with the other kids.

My father recalls it was a pedal car made to look like a Bugatti racer -- french racing blue with traditional Bugatti-spec-looking wheels... this car is now a collectors item worth thousands of dollars. Knowing my cousins, it was absolutely thrashed and probably was thrown in the heap at my Uncle's scrap metal business.

waltesefalcon
12-10-2004, 08:13 AM
That sounds like a really cool pedal car. when I was little my father got me a tractor. I have many fond memories of pedaling around on it. But that got sent to a flea market many years ago after my dog chewed half of a front wheel off of it, making it impossible to pedal around on it.

Eric
12-10-2004, 11:20 AM
I thought Corvettes were made of fibreglass. That's the first one I've seen made from Dubble Bubble! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Biffy
12-10-2004, 11:57 AM
Well they certainly are not like they were when I was a kid!! (Too long ago to mention!)

It's great!

sammyb
12-10-2004, 10:43 PM
It's a great time to be a child. The toys are fantastic. But, then again, the low-cost highly entertaining toys of today have made it so kids don't actually do much going outside to run-around.

One of the reasons I got this for my daughters is that it would teach them that it's fun to be outside, and also to respect how hard it is to "drive" well before they ever attempt getting into a real car.

Basil
12-11-2004, 07:19 AM
That's cool! Is it a battery bowered motor?

Basil

sammyb
12-12-2004, 05:51 PM
yes, just a standard Power Wheels type battery and charger. Takes 12 hours to charge and runs for like 40 minutes or so...

and they have them in red, pink and the C5R racer replica.

MattP
12-12-2004, 07:33 PM
I saw one going home with someone the other day, strapped to the roof of a Cavalier. It was a funny sight. A Cavalier being run over by an even smaller Corvette. Made me think of the 747 they used to test the Space Shuttle.