PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Grease Fitting on Fulcrum Pin

Jim_Gruber
11-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Received Major Suspension Kit today for Bugsy and as I gaze at all of the parts in wonder, I know only a crazy Brit could have designed this complex a front suspension. Brings the word "fiddly bits" to mind.

Anyway, is a 2nd Grease Fitting tapped into the Fulcrum Pin directly or is it tapped into the Blanking plate that covers the rear of the fulcrum pin.

JPSmit
11-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Mine is drilled/tapped in the cap that screws onto the end of the A-arm covering the fulcrum pin.

spritenut
11-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Jim

The welsh plug is kind of thin on the other end of the wishbone.
I have drilled and tapped it for a grease fitting but sometimes it just doesn't cut it.
So I have found thicker welsh plugs, I think in the drawers of hardware at Lowes or maybe my local hardware store.
Drill and tap the thick one for a grease fitting and tap it into the wishbone with a "suitable drift" (aka a correct size socket wrench) :wink:

Jim_Gruber
11-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks Frank and then no dust cap on that end. You do need someplace to see if the grease is coming out.

taskadog
11-07-2010, 07:36 AM
I was able to drill/tap a fitting into the rear cap.
I'm assuming thats what you are calling the blanking plate and spritenut calls a Welsh plug.
I like the term Welsh plug the best, tho I'm not sure it's politically correct any more. We now call Jewfish Goliath Grouper, so maybe blanking plate is better :o}

Jim_Gruber
11-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Either way I plan on adding a 2nd grease fitting back there. That's a few weeks away at this point in time.