PDA

View Full Version : Another new member

Dave
12-04-2001, 11:43 PM
4/Dec/2001 21:10
Hi All,
Just a quick note to introduce myself to everyone. First, thanks to 'Basil' for his warm personal note of welcome. (Pretty unusual from a forum sysop <gr&gt images/icons/wink.gif
I'm hoping that I'll be the proud owner of a Jaguar X Type 3.0 within the next few days. If all goes well I'll be behind the wheel of a BRG, sand leather, 5 speed tomorrow or the next day. Am I excited? You bet! I drove the automatic version for about 45 minutes about a week ago but decided that I wanted maximum fun and have opted for the 5 speed. (My wife doesn't quite share my enthusiasm.)
I have always wanted to drive a Jaguar and I guess that I'd have to thank Ford for making the marque affordable to myself and others like me. I have had only two other British Motorcar experiences. My very first car EVER was a Hillman Minx! Yes, you read that right. It was 1965 and the car was an 'old' Minx even then. I remember the gear shift lever falling off regularly (I kept a screwdriver on the fron seat.) and driving with a blanket over my knees in the winter (no heat whatsoever). In heavy rain the car ran essentially on only two cylinders. I finally took it to the junk yard the day after the fan shaft broke and the fan hit the asphalt - but the engine DID warm up for a short time!
My second British auto was a '72 TR6, now that was a different story; I wish I'd held on to that car. Since then I've driven Audis (5 in a row!), an Acura 3.5 RL and most recently a BMW 328i. The Bimmer goes when the X Type arrives.
Sorry about that, I DID say 'a quick note' didn't I?

Cheers to all,
Dave
Oshawa, ON CANADA

Jagdreamer
12-05-2001, 12:06 AM
Welcome to the forum Dave! Can't wait to see the pics of your new toy! As my name implies, I'm only a "Jag Dreamer" right now, but who knows maybe the X-Type will be the ticket!

Your right about Basil - he's really been bending over backwards to make this a great forum (and it is starting to turn into one I think). Anyway, welcome again and don't forget to post those pictures! I can imagine how excited you must be.

Later,
JD images/icons/tongue.gif

Dave
12-05-2001, 10:11 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jagdreamer:
Welcome to the forum Dave! Can't wait to see the pics of your new toy! As my name implies, I'm only a "Jag Dreamer" right now, but who knows maybe the X-Type will be the ticket!

Your right about Basil - he's really been bending over backwards to make this a great forum (and it is starting to turn into one I think). Anyway, welcome again and don't forget to post those pictures! I can imagine how excited you must be.

Later,
JD images/icons/tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

JD,
Thanks for your welcome. I will be picking up my car tomorrow (I hope). I'll try and get some pics up ASAP.

Cheers,

Dave

graemlins/cheers.gif

Jagdreamer
12-06-2001, 01:09 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dave:

JD,
Thanks for your welcome. I will be picking up my car tomorrow (I hope). I'll try and get some pics up ASAP.

Cheers,

Dave

graemlins/cheers.gif <hr></blockquote>

Drum roll.... images/icons/wink.gif