PDA

View Full Version : $50 Gift Certificate from the Virtual Rally

bigjones
10-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Last Saturday was our MG club's annual picnic.

Had a great time but on the way home the Midget conked out with a bad distributor cap (!) and the water pump gave up at the same time.

The good news is now I get to use the $50 gift certificate from British Parts NW to buy the parts! BPNW have very good prices on the most common parts - also they have a distributor cap with copper (not aluminum) contacts and, as Morris points out, the flat top pistons for the 1500 - something the other suppliers don't have.

This certificate was the prize in this year's Virtual Rally that Basil kindly sets up every year or so. I still can't believe I ended up in first place because I am a very poor navigator ("your other left, dagnabbit!!!").

I would like to encourage you all to have a go next time because it's good fun and you stand a good chance of getting the certificate!

Cheers!

jlaird
10-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Good on ya, grats on the gift certificate, Sorry about needing it. lol

bigjones
10-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks Jack!

I had been looking at that water pump for a long time thinking it would be good preventive maintenance to replace it. Also, I had the parts for a long time for replacing the front engine seal and tensioner - has a bit of an irritating leak there, and I know you don't like any kind of leak!.

So now I'm doing both at the same time, while the radiator is out.

Cheers!

jlaird
10-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Good planing, oh it wasn't planing. Oh well, what ever works. LOL