PDA

View Full Version : `62TR3A @ Aunt Sue`s in Pickens, SC

toysrrus
10-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Howdy Folks,

Yesterday, There pulled into "Aunt Sue`s" on RT.11 in Pickens County, SC a real nice Black Ext / Tan Int. `62TR3A from Ontario, Canada. They were on their way back from Elkhart & stopped @ Aunt Sue`s for a quick lunch. A friend of mine "Jerrys Golf & Equip" shop (Commercial Break) there, saw them coming & called me at the house to come & see it. I`m only a few minutes away & glad to see the TR & meet some nice folks.

They did not win the longest drive contest!! Someone from CA. & or "Hawaii" did!! I informed them about the "BCF" so; I would think we should be hearing from them by early next wk.

I`m going to try to post a pic or two here.

See Y`All Later,

Russ

PS: Can`t get the right Pixels to post the darn pics.

rlwhitetr3b
10-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Was it really an A or was it a B? If it was a TR3A, it really sat on the dealer's lot for a long time.

toysrrus
10-25-2010, 04:52 AM
Howdy Rich,

I asked the owner the same question! He bought it titled as "1962TR3A". I can only guess its a very, very early `62. I did`nt get the VIN # so???

As most LBCs; It may have been built in `61; Shipped here & "Sold" in `62.

Russ

Andrew Mace
10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
As most LBCs; It may have been built in `61; Shipped here & "Sold" in `62.Similar situation with the TR3B: all were built at some point in CALENDAR YEAR 1962, but many of them were built later in that year so, by the time they reached the US, it was more or less the "1963 model year" or calendar year 1963. That's undoubtedly why so many TR3Bs are titled as 1963 models.

rlwhitetr3b
10-26-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm well aware of the "titled when sold". My TR3B is titled as a '63. I was having a age induced mind f**t when I posted. I had everything shifted back a year.

One of the good things about getting old is that you can blame any mistake on you age.