View Full Version : Midget 50th at Elkhart Lake - Reservations NOW!

10-19-2010, 12:33 PM
The event headquarters hotel, Victorian Village in Elkhart Lake, is now taking reservations for the Midget 50th, June 20-24,2011!! You may call in your reservation to (877) 860-9988 (toll-free). The room rate is $95 + tax. A first night stay deposit of $104.50 is due to hold your reservation with the balance due on arrival. YOU MUST MENTION "MIDGET 50TH" WHEN MAKING YOUR RESERVATION TO GET THE SPECIAL RATE ABOVE.

It is imperative that you get your room reservations immediately!! Reservations will open to the general public beginning on November 1st!! Please note that the last two days of the Midget 50th overlap with the NASCAR and Rolex Grand Am races so if you don't get your room right away you may have trouble finding a room within 50 miles!!! DON"T DELAY! CALL NOW!

Additional hotel information:
You cannot reserve a block for you and friends... Each must call separately...

Other rooms may be available at Siebkens at: https://www.siebkens.com/rooms.html
Or at the https://www.osthoff.com/

We cannot stress enough that you MUST make your reservation ASAP!!

Please help by passing this word on to all your friends and acquaintances who are contemplating coming to the Midget 50th Anniversary event!!

Register for the event at:

See ya at Elkhart Lake!!!

Jim & the whole Midget 50th committee

10-19-2010, 04:14 PM
I just reserved a room for myself and my son.
I said it's for Midget 50th and got the group rate.
Wow, its starting to feel like this is really gonna happen!

10-20-2010, 05:41 PM
I booked a room at Victorian this morning. I understand they have already sold out of at least some rooms/nites.
Siebekens is booked. NASCAR is in town.

The proposal called for 150 +or- rooms. It's begining to look like -, and the event is still 8 months away.
On other threads there are people deciding not to come if they can't get a reasonable room for all nites at the host hotel.

Do we have a problem with Elkhart, and is there a Plan B?

I had a great time a LoO and booked that room 3 weeks before the event. At such a small venue we realy had a sence of Spridget community. Are we getting lost in the crowd at Road America?


10-20-2010, 09:22 PM
I tried to book today only to hear they had no rooms.
Did 150 people book on the first day it was announced?
I don't think so. The hotel is up to no good if you ask me.
I saw the place, it's a big resort hotel not a Ma & Pa 10 room strip.

10-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the heads up!
Just got reservations for the mon-wed nights, thursday night is all filled up, they hope to have some of the "condo's" available once the owners get back to them... so I guess my stay will be till thursday & then I will start making the trek home.

10-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Gotta be honest - this is looking more and more like I need to take a pass. I'm not especially interested in driving that far for half an event, nor do I want to be sharing my time with Nascar folk. I guess I was hoping for something a little more intimate and relaxing than that.

10-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Everybody needs to remember that there was a vote.
I'm sure Jim & the others managing this are hot on the Hotel about whatever is going on there (hinkey or otherwise) - but enough people voted to go to Elkhart Lake instead of the other place so that's what we have.

If you voted for this place please don't complain, you are getting what you voted for. If you didn't vote at all then I guess you either didn't know about the vote or didn't care, so again please don't complain.

There are other places to stay, and I know a couple people who simply plan to camp at the campsite.
(after driving 2000+ miles to get there)

10-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Yup, I voted for Elkhart Lake.
That's not the point.
Do you REALLY think that "Midget people" reserved 150 rooms
in 24 hours??? Our group is getting the shaft.
I do NOT blame the organizers and appreciate their efforts.
I had a group of British car guys (yes, Triumph owners too) who
were all planning to attend. It's a long trek from Ohio and
I'm not interested in attending for just part of the week.
My guess is that we ended up with A LOT less rooms than we
were promised. My bride is patient with my hobby and willing to
spend a week of vacation at Victorian Village because it looked
so nice. NO WAY will she camp for a week. Gonna be a small
party if there is no place to stay.


10-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Jim and the team are working on it. Don't freak out yet, the main contact person at the hotel is apparently taking a day off.

The web page for the latest updates to the situation is here:

50th Lodging Updates (https://www.sprite-midgetclub.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&It emid=129)

10-21-2010, 01:24 PM
As I told Jim on another board, I have been on
the phone trying to find other accomodations.
I am also trying to see if a block of rooms can
be reserved. No luck. Just not much left in the area.
Hopefully, Jim will use his considerable influence
and get the job done!!!


10-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Has anyone called the Inn at the Grande Glaize?

I'm sure we could find a resort in the central US that would love to book a midweek in June for 150 rooms. We won't have the cache of Road America, but last time we autocrossed in a parking lot and had a blast doing it.
I'm afraid spreading such a small group out 20 miles will destroy the sence of community we're all coming for.

We voted, and the fault doesn't lie with the solid Spridget people who proposed RoA. They where givven assurences and passed them to us in good faith.
The blame, if any lies with the hotelliers. Even then, when NASCAR comes knocking, who the heck are 150 Sridgeteers?

10-21-2010, 02:13 PM
I would like to know exactly how many rooms they booked for our group on the nights they promised.
If it's a lot less than 150 then I'd be all for calling foul on them.
If we really got 150 the first day then I'm just seriously amazed.

Somehow it seems a lot of us suspect they didn't let that many in before they started 'upselling' Thursday night.
The Thursday night thing seems like a bait & switch deal to me.

Hopefully after Jim talks to the right people at the hotel all will become clear.

Trevor Jessie
10-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Jim and some people in the area are working on trying to salvage the Victorian Village deal, and simultaneously looking at alternatives that will work should the VV deal fall apart.

10-21-2010, 02:58 PM
I, too, hope the Victorian Village deal works out.
Not having everyone under the same roof really changes
the "feel" of the event. Some of the best times I
have had at past Porsche club national events (Porsche Parade)
was the informal late evening socializing over a brew (or two).
Having people scattered among a bunch of locations will
certainly affect get-togethers. After all the effort the
organizers have put in, it would be a shame if Victorian Village
pulled a fast one.


10-21-2010, 03:21 PM
I didn't think we could book till Novemeber 1st, so this post came as a complete surprise, for me I was on the fence if I could make it to my friday destination (StIgnace MI) on the 24th & was already considering leaving the thursday evening, with this situation it has made the decision for me !
I can still be there on thursday, just no where to sleep that night so I will drive to Escanaba thursday evening & have a nice drive friday morning.
Far as I can tell monday is check in day only, events are tuesday - thursday & friday was checkout day (not missing much)> therefore there are rooms available for the core days, except for the dinner thursday evening, which is to bad, but not a catostophic loss & reason to cancel plans in my opinion as well.

10-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Well I've been busy and not keeping up with spridget happening's so have'nt done anything yet. Hope to stay with the group if a block of rooms can be secured but when I last regularly attended RA Sheboygan and Fondulac usually worked out.
Keep us posted.


10-22-2010, 05:28 PM
So, its not even November yet and we got no rooms for next year? I plan to attend but I have to be sure and see what my work requires. I was figuring waiting until about 3 months before hand to fully commit when I can let my work know and make a plan. Hopefully something gets worked out here.

10-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Got ahold of Victorian Village and have been put on a waiting list. Supposedly we will know in the next two week's. If not its Sheboygan or Fondulac. The wife is'nt up for camping though I would'nt mind it. Sounds like good camping close by.

10-22-2010, 07:38 PM
One of the guys from the Northwest reserved one of the condo-thingies and is looking for someone to split with... Three bedroom, bath kitchen the works. I'll bet he finds someone and it'll be cheaper for two people than one in the motel... .. anyone?

10-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Bill you're PM'ed. We would be interested.


11-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Midget 50th has updated the "lodging" page, basically hotels within a 50 mile radius are listed, Sibkens (probably spelled that wrong) which is across the road from host hotel will be open for reservations in new year (but no mention of how many rooms they will have)...

11-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Any word on how many rooms Victorian Village
ACTUALLY provided to our group?


11-05-2010, 03:16 PM

Please be patient regarding the Midget 50th... Within a short amount of time the working committee will have everything straightened out.

Lets squelch a nasty rumor right now. It is NASCAR and not Vic Vil who is the culprit... We knew from the beginning that there wouldn't be enough rooms at Vic Vil for all of us but that Siebkens and the Osthoff right across the street could cover the remainder - what we didn't count on was NASCAR deciding only last month to move in and take all the rest of the rooms in the small town as well as all lodging within 50 miles of Road America. When an elephant starts to sit on you - you move!

The venue at Elkhart Lake is terrific and a slight adjustment of dates allows the use of that wonderful venue and its rich sports car history.

Changing venue at this point would be a nightmare... Think of how difficult it is to find locations for funkhana, autocross, banquet, catered meals, pictures, road tours...etc. All that would have to be started again from scratch if we moved the venue. Plus it REALLY helps to have someone who lives near the site to help with all the arrangements (police, traffic, CVB, Chamber of Commerce...etc). Then there is the insurance and getting indemnity for all the entities who need covered.

It is unfortunate for those who cannot now move their dates and we understand that, but please recall that the date change will also allow some to attend who couldn't during the original dates. The new dates will be posted soon so lets not get too excited until we see the nature of the problem if there even IS a problem....

As always... All the latest and official word is on the Sprite-Midget Club website at: https://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org That site is updated the minute new information becomes available so please hold down the rumor mill here on the BCF...

Many thanks,
Jim & the Midget 50th committee

11-05-2010, 08:47 PM
You guys are awesome, let me know when the new date is. I appreciate all the stuff you are doing and putting up with. Yeah if Nascar comes to town prices double or triple and there isn't any rooms. That ticks me off in a way. What they got going on that weekend?

11-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Aha, its the Nationwide series. https://nationwide.nascar.com/nationwide-series/races/2011/schedule Look at road America on the 25th. It would appear that nationwide is not on our side :wink: The cup cars and the trucks are not going there, its just them. Another date makes sense to me. I would love to see that track and get on it for a bit and see all them old roads where they used to race before the government killed that back in the 50s. I am going to be up in Neenha, wisc in about 3 weeks and that is 50 miles from the track. I might go check it out if I get time, it will probably be fridgid up there though.